Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Folder Option

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 giju

giju

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:26 PM

Posted 20 April 2006 - 09:49 AM

Dear Member,

I,am having a problem with my windows XP proffesional edition .Folder Option in control panel is not showing i cant access the folder option from tool menu too ..if any one knows abt this plz replay

thanks

giju :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:26 PM

Posted 20 April 2006 - 10:22 AM

Welcome to BC! :thumbsup:

Let me make sure I understand the situation. If you go to Start > My Computer > Tools > Folder Options what happens? Anything? Error message?

Or when you go to: Start > Control Panel make sure you are in Classic View and not Category View by looking at the column on the left. Do you see Folder Options there? What happens when you double click on it?
ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

#3 Herk

Herk

• Members
  • 1,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:26 PM

Posted 20 April 2006 - 01:34 PM

Can you go to the View tab in an Explorer window, go down to "Explorer Bar" and click on "Folders?"

Both Vista and XP Pro have a way to remove folder options. You might check to see if it's been enabled. If so, you can probably disable it. Look here for instructions.

Edited by Herk, 20 April 2006 - 01:42 PM.

#4 giju

giju
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:26 PM

Posted 04 May 2006 - 05:34 AM

Dear all thanks for your support ...i got solution for this...there was some values missing in registry ...i got the registry values from one webpage
thanks for your support

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users