Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ipod

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 locsarah

locsarah

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:50 AM

Posted 29 July 2013 - 02:08 PM

hi could some one please help me....i have an ipod with my itune and songs on my computer,unfortunately i just remake my windows and i did lost everythings,but the songs on my ipod still  here...how come to make a sync from my ipod to my new itune browser,without losing my ancient songs....???plz help if some one got and idea

Edit: Moved topic from Apple iOS to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:50 PM

Posted 31 July 2013 - 11:37 PM

hi could some one please help me....i have an ipod with my itune and songs on my computer,unfortunately i just remake my windows and i did lost everythings,but the songs on my ipod still  here...how come to make a sync from my ipod to my new itune browser,without losing my ancient songs....???plz help if some one got and idea

Edit: Moved topic from Apple iOS to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

Are these songs bought from the iTunes Music store? Or are they songs that you ripped from CDs and then synced to the iPod? Or a combination of both?

Any songs bought through the iTunes Music store should sync back to the computer, unless Apple has changed something.

For any songs ripped from CDs, you will need to use a third party application potentially. It is also possible that you might be able to mount the iPod in "disk mode" and get to them...depending on what kind of iPod it is. Is it an iPod Touch? Or is it one of the more traditional iPods...i.e. iPod Classic, Nano, or Shuffle?

#3 locsarah

locsarah
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 01 August 2013 - 02:59 PM

hi smax

big thanks to your reply

i did have an nano as ipod and all my songs were synced by cds

What should i do?? and how to do the 3rd party??

thanks in advanced

#4 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2013 - 06:55 AM

Here is are an EXAMPLE of a third party programs:

http://www.wideanglesoftware.com/touchcopy/index.php

Have no personal experience with it, thus I have no real idea how well they work. It appears to be at least a somewhat "reputable" option as it was reviewed by Macworld and there was no mention of nefarious effects.

Doing a Google search will give you lots of other options...some will be from less than reputable sources, however.

Edited by smax013, 04 August 2013 - 07:00 AM.

#5 locsarah

locsarah
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2013 - 01:12 PM

hi smax a big big thanks for your advice,finally i did with a 3rd party program that you did gave..it call diskaid which is very helpfull and i di got all my songs on my new itune....im happy...fanks again....if you need any help im here ok..take care

#6 Biblemancan

Biblemancan

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2016 - 06:29 PM

I have a apple ipod i bought from a friend everything working exept there is a restriction code an he never took it off how do i take it off completly
I have a apple ipod i bought from a friend everything working exept there is a restriction code an he never took it off how do i take it off completly

#7 Atomic77

Atomic77

• Members
  • 213 posts
  •  

Posted 28 January 2016 - 11:04 PM

@Biblemancan My guess would be to reformat or reset it. I'm not sure what a restriction code is. Also I believe that with out reformatting the ipod you can only connect it to one pc and iTunes library. I remember I had to do something with my nano when I moved to a newer computer.

ATOMIC77

​GEEKED AT BIRTH

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users