Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Importing Win XP "Address Book" to Win 7

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 PMercier

PMercier

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:09 PM

Posted 29 July 2013 - 12:21 PM

As the result of a hard drive crash I had to install a new one. The old HD contained Win XP pro as and OS and the new one has Win 7 installed. I used carbonite to restore my data to the new computer with the exception of the Win XP Address Book. Prior to the HD failure I backed it up to an external HD using the Win XP backup utility. The external HD contains a the following file:

Name: Backup.bkf

Type: BKF file

Size:161,563,073 KB

I am interested in locating the file containing the Win XP Address Book on the external HD and importing it into my contact list in Windows Live Mail on the new HD.

Thanks.

Paul

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users