Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

!!! Help !!! Challenge to experts :)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 booyaka

booyaka

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:14 PM

Posted 29 July 2013 - 11:59 AM

hello there

MY PROBLEM is: my wifi connection gets lost, the wifi icon shows like i dont have the driver, (when the problem show-up)
i was unsing my wifi normally, when suddenly it gets lost the signal on the wifi icon appear like the driver is missing, but the driver is already there. i tried to format my hp pavilion laptop dv6 6061se, many times after the accident but same problem appear)

when this problem happens and i try to shut down the laptop or restart it it freezes in (computer is shutting dow) and wont shut down till i manually shut it down by button, and when i start windows wifi works fine, sometimes this problem dont appear till after 10 mintues sometimes hours.
when i bought it brand new i never had this problem, and i formatted it couple times before and install from the same drivers, all works fine,
right now i formatted the laptop two or three times and install the drivers from hp site and from driver pack (DRP-2013) (around 4.35 gb) and still have the same problem.

by the way i always have antivirus, i usually use avast, but now i start to use avira, and they never detect any virus on my pc specially when i scan other partions (to make sure that no virus is in other disks), also when i format my laptop i only format disk local C: (which windows is installed in)

i know i wrote a lot but it is only because i want to bring u the problem that i have.

if anybody could help me, that will mean a lot to me
thanks in advance

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,189 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:14 AM

Posted 30 July 2013 - 07:44 AM

Hi,

My best guess is that your wifi hardware is failing. You might check with the laptop manufacturer to see if ther's a routine to check that component. I'm assuming that you have other wireless devices that continue to work correctly when this happens so that the router is not suspect.

Keep us posted

Stay well and surf safe [stay protected]

Dick E

#3 booyaka

booyaka
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:14 PM

Posted 31 July 2013 - 12:09 PM

Yes you are right about hardware falling down so ive told by one of my friends, actually some one suggested for me to get a dongle USB wifi adapter, just like Linksys cisco sells, do you have any suggestion, im womdering if it will work fine or it will cause issues with the hardware piece of Wifi inside about some conflcts or something.

advice me my friend

and thank you ;)

Hi,

My best guess is that your wifi hardware is failing. You might check with the laptop manufacturer to see if ther's a routine to check that component. I'm assuming that you have other wireless devices that continue to work correctly when this happens so that the router is not suspect.

Keep us posted

#4 Wooshie

Wooshie

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:14 AM

Posted 02 August 2013 - 05:44 PM

If you have a dell or hp with a wifi utility. My solution that has worked in the past is to uninstall any wifi utilities and just connect thru windows.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users