Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to get Geoguessr on-line game licence?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 SomeWMan

SomeWMan

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:01 PM

Posted 29 July 2013 - 11:12 AM

Hi, I hope my question gets correct place. I have number of questions from YouTube team regarding the license agreement for the visuals contained in my video and I cannot find Geoguessr free licence. How to get Geoguessr online game licence? Thanks.

Edited by SomeWMan, 29 July 2013 - 11:12 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Moamen

Moamen

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:01 AM

Posted 30 July 2013 - 02:12 PM

Hi,

This is not the correct area for this type of question but im happy to answer it for you.

In regards to youtube contacting you, if was due to copyright complaint it means that you need to gain permission to the content, as you have stated. Normally, you cannot get individual permission from copyright holders as such. On youtube, there are networks you may join for free that will allow you to post these game type videos as they have general permission from game publishers.

An example of these networks would be http://thegamestation.com/.

Good luck!

#3 SomeWMan

SomeWMan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:01 PM

Posted 30 July 2013 - 02:40 PM

Hi,

This is not the correct area for this type of question but im happy to answer it for you.

In regards to youtube contacting you, if was due to copyright complaint it means that you need to gain permission to the content, as you have stated. Normally, you cannot get individual permission from copyright holders as such. On youtube, there are networks you may join for free that will allow you to post these game type videos as they have general permission from game publishers.

An example of these networks would be http://thegamestation.com/.

Good luck!

Thank you very much for the help. I started to be member of Maker Studios but they as "Manage your YouTube account". What does it mean? In it part of YouTube? Thanks.

Edited by SomeWMan, 30 July 2013 - 02:42 PM.

#4 Moamen

Moamen

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:01 AM

Posted 30 July 2013 - 02:45 PM

If you need further help in regards to participating in the network, i recommende you contact them as i dont know their application process or policies.

Usually there is a approval stage after which you can post videos as part of their network.

Good Luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users