Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Excel 2007

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 05harley

05harley

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:13 AM

Posted 29 July 2013 - 11:04 AM

I have Microsoft Excel 2007 when I receive documents in the XLSX format, I am unable to make changes etc. to the document.

Is there a download necessary to enable these documents to be changed etc?

thanks

Edited by hamluis, 29 July 2013 - 02:58 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Business Apps - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,891 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:13 AM

Posted 31 July 2013 - 07:59 PM

Since .xlsx is the default file format for Excel 2007 and 2010 this is not likely to be the problem. Are the files coming to you 'write-protected' ? If they are, you normally have two options: one is to change the attributes to 'Read / Write' which I would do using Windows Explorer, or to save a copy of the file which you will then be able to edit.

There are other protections available in Excel 2007 to preserve the integrity of files but to change these you would have to consult with the sender.

Chris Cosgrove

#3 Judith1314

Judith1314

• Members
  • 100 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:13 PM

Posted 01 August 2013 - 10:45 PM

Chris is right. Xlsx is available for Excel 2007 and 2010. Another problem may be the mode for your document. If your document is Read-only mode, definitely, you can not make changes for that document.

#4 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:13 AM

Posted 10 August 2013 - 11:29 AM

Chris is right. Xlsx is available for Excel 2007 and 2010. Another problem may be the mode for your document. If your document is Read-only mode, definitely, you can not make changes for that document.

If the document is set to be Read Only in Excel, then there will be a warning that will pop up to that effect when you open the file.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users