Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Outlook 2007 keeps asking for password

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Dacar92

Dacar92

• Members
  • 232 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:32 PM

Posted 29 July 2013 - 09:44 AM

Hi guys,

I am trying to set up my wife's new machine and am using W8 and Outlook 2007 to retrieve emails from her SBC Global account.  I believe I have all the settings correct, ports, pop3, smtp, etc.  But Outlook keeps asking for her password time after time.  A few seconds apart if I enter it (again) and click ok, or each time it checks for new messages if I clicked cancel.  I called ATT and they cannot really help me without me paying for it and also since Outlook is not their application.  Any advice?

What's the point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes? -- The Doctor

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bludgard

bludgard

• Members
  • 934 posts
  •  

Posted 29 July 2013 - 10:02 AM

I am troubleshooting an AT&T email client acount this afternoon; dealing with Outlook 2007. What I understand is that AT&T uses Yahoo so maybe it is the free account that is used instead of Plus? Won't know til later but if no posts are made by then I will gladly share my findings.... In the meantime try this:

http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?page=content&id=SLN3773&locale=en_US&y=PROD_MAIL_ML

#3 Dacar92

Dacar92
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 232 posts
  •  

Posted 29 July 2013 - 10:29 AM

Thanks.  Yes, hers is the free Yahoo account type.  My understanding is that it is a pop3 email account type.  These are the settings I had on her old computer, which worked.  

incoming: pop.att.yahoo.com

outgoing: smtp.att.yahoo.com

Incoming: 995

Outgoing: 465

SSL enabled 

Edited by Dacar92, 29 July 2013 - 10:30 AM.

What's the point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes? -- The Doctor

#4 bludgard

bludgard

• Members
  • 934 posts
  •  

Posted 29 July 2013 - 02:32 PM

This worked for my client (2 different PCs; one Outlook 2007 and one 2010 or '12): Follow closely and maybe it will work for you.
http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB401573&cv=814&ct=9000818&pv=3#fbid=ab7rTb2xJ2k

Don't hesitate to ask....

Good luck....

Edit: Two AT&T techs had been out and his previous computer guy > no joy. Took about an hour. I offer services free to those 60 or over but welcome donations.

Edited by bludgard, 29 July 2013 - 02:36 PM.

#5 bludgard

bludgard

• Members
  • 934 posts
  •  

Posted 04 September 2013 - 01:22 PM

Any joy?

I got other parameters if thie above does not work....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users