Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Pc shuts down after some time

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 export12

export12

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:12 PM

Posted 29 July 2013 - 05:41 AM

i have a hp touchsmart300, when i turn it on it powers up but 1 sec after that when normally you would see something on the screen, nothing shows and its still a dark screen, the fan or pc noise just get louder, i noticed the power button is not lighted up, neither is the bottom of the USB mouse

whats going on with my pc?
My pc seems to randomly turn off after being on it for sometime and refuses to turn back on again

after leaving it alone for some time, it can be turned back on but the same problem repeats itself

i just notice lately the pc is extremely quiet, i dont seem to hear roaring fan noise or even any hint of fan being runned inside of the pc

wat does this mean?

Edited by hamluis, 29 July 2013 - 11:02 AM.
Merged topics/posts - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,391 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:12 AM

Posted 29 July 2013 - 10:16 AM

What you have described sounds like a overheating problem.  If you can no longer hear the fan inside the computer this is probably what is causing this to overheat.

If this compoputer is still under warranty I would take it back to the store you purchased it from or a HP certified repair facility to have it repaired.  The fan which is either not spinning fast enough to be effective or not at all is most likely the one attached to the heatsink on the CPU.  Overheating the CPU can damage it.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 export12

export12
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 29 July 2013 - 10:23 AM

Ok thank you

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,391 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:12 AM

Posted 29 July 2013 - 01:24 PM

Your other topic related to this computer's problem has now been merged.  One of the topics involves what sounds like a overheating issue, while the other topic indicates that this computer won't even start.  This prompts the question of what is currently happening with this computer?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 export12

export12
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 29 July 2013 - 02:32 PM

i have two HP pc of the same model but two diffrent problems, one with the working loud fans with no display and the other with the ineffective or not working fans that causes overheating, sorry for the confusion

i swapped out the hardrive of the unbootable pc and tranferred it to the overheated pc and it boots up and i can log in and everything else there so i know for now both of my hard drives r working

im just not sure whats wrong, maybe power supply problem?

Edited by export12, 29 July 2013 - 02:40 PM.

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,552 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:12 AM

Posted 29 July 2013 - 03:09 PM

Why...don't you...just post about one computer at a time, to avoid confusion?

Do not crosswitch anything...let's see if we can solve one set of problems...rather than compound them by your approach.

After that one system is resolved...then you can post about the other.

Louis

#7 export12

export12
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 29 July 2013 - 03:26 PM

sorry about that

the overheated pc is address and i will take it to the repair shop per dc3's advise, the other pc is as i describe in the merge post and i returned the harddrive

Edited by export12, 29 July 2013 - 03:28 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users