Is Num-lock on the keyboard on?
Let's try another tool:
Download USB-installer: http://www.pendrivelinux.com/universal-usb-installer-easy-as-1-2-3/
Download AVG-Rescue: http://www.avg.com/us-en/download-file-cd-arl-iso
- Get an USB-stick we can use for this operation.
- Step 1: Select a Linux Distribution, choose AVG Rescue CD
- Step 2: Select the AVG ISO, we downloaded it before.
- Step 3: Select your path to USB-device <== Important, choose the correct drive letter
- Press on create.
Note: In this example Mythbuntu is used, use AVG instead.
Now plugin the USB-device with AVG-rescue on it.
1. Reboot the computer and start the boot menu (F10 or F12). Then choose for the USB-device
2. At the Boot Menu: Choose AVG Rescue CD (1) and press Enter
3. Let it load, at the "Disclaimer Screen"... just choose I agree or not and press Enter
4. At the "Update Screen", choose Yes and press Enter
Next screen, Choose Update from Internet and press Enter
5. At the "Update Priority Configuration" window, choose Priority 2 Virus Database Update and press Enter
6. Let it update and when finished, Press any key to continue
7. You end up back at the "Update Screen", choose Return and press Enter
8. Your at the "Main Menu" screen, choose Scan, press Enter
9. "Scan Type Menu", choose "Volumes Scan - Selected Volumes" and press Enter
10. "Scan Volumes", choose "OK" and press Enter
11. "Scan Options", choose "OK" and press Enter
12. "Run Scan", choose "Yes" and press Enter
13. When scan is complete, Press any key to continue
14. "Info screen", choose "OK" and press Enter
15. To see the scan report, select "Report File" and press Enter
Please look over the list as some files can be crucial for the Windows system and deleting them can make it inoperative, if in your not sure please Google the file or files.
16. "Scan Results Menu", use the up and down keys and choose "Select - Handle single or groups of infected files", press Enter
Go through the files and choose to Rename the infected file, don't choose Delete!
This is important....Rename<---
17. Read the "Warning Screen", "Yes" and Enter
18. Back to "Scan Results Menu", choose "Back or Return" to get to the "Main Menu" and then choose ---->Reboot System
Don't forget to take out the rescue cd.
19. All the malware files will be renamed to "_INFECTED.arl", to find all of these files....
Go to Start > Search > All Files and Folders > type "_INFECTED.arl" and click search.
Example: malware.exe would be renamed to malware.exe_infected.arl