Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HijackThis Log: Please help Diagnose

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 alihassan

alihassan

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:08 AM

Posted 28 July 2013 - 09:58 PM

Please help diagnose

Mod Edit: Moved from XP Home to a more appropriate forum. ~bloopie

Attached Files

Edited by bloopie, 28 July 2013 - 10:20 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TheShooter93

TheShooter93

Cody

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,792 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:08 AM

Posted 29 July 2013 - 02:35 PM

Hello alihassan,

My name is Cody and I'll be helping you clean up your computer.

It looks long and unnecessary, but what's below is very important information. Please take the time to read it before we get started.

I will reply as soon as possible (typically within 24 hours). In turn, I ask that you please respond within 72 hours. If you know you will be away longer than that, I just ask for notice ahead of time.

I am in Orlando, Florida at GMT-5 Hours (Eastern Standard Time). As previously stated, I normally respond within 24 hours, but I am a university student currently working full time. If I do not respond within 48 hours, feel free to send me a private message.

Some points for you to keep in mind:

-Do NOT run any tools unless instructed to do so.

-We ask you to run different tools in a specific order to ensure the malware is completely removed from your machine, and running any additional tools may detect false positives, interfere with our tools, or cause unforeseen damage or system instability.

-Do not attach logs or use code boxes, just copy and paste the text.

-I cannot see your computer.

-Periodically update me on the condition of your computer, and provide detail in every post.

-Once things seem to be working again, please do not abandon the thread. I will give an "all-clean" message at the very end.

NOTE: Backup any files that cannot be replaced. Removing malware can be unpredictable and this step can save a lot of heartaches if things don't go as planned. You can put them on a CD/DVD, external drive or a pen drive, anywhere except on the computer.

NOTE: It is good practice to copy and paste the instructions into notepad and print them in case it is necessary for you to go offline during the cleanup process. To open notepad, navigate to Start Menu > All Programs > Accessories > Notepad. Please remember to copy the entire post so you do not miss any instructions.

CCNA R&SCCNA Security | Network+  |  B.S. - Information Technology | Cyber Security Engineer

If I am helping you and have not replied within 48 hours, please send me a private message.

#3 TheShooter93

TheShooter93

Cody

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,792 posts
  •  

Posted 29 July 2013 - 02:37 PM

Please download  DDS by sUBs from one of the following links.  Save it to your desktop.
DDS.com
DDS.pif

• Double click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.
  • Click on Start.
  • After the scan has finished, confirm the message with Ok.
  • DDS will automatically open the logfile.
  • You can find the logfile on your desktop as well.
  • Please post the content of that logfile with your next answer.

Please note:  You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run.  After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection.  Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.

Information on A/V control HERE

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lastly, please describe the issue(s) you are having, how long they have been occurring, and if you made any hardware or software changes before the problem(s) started.

Edited by TheShooter93, 29 July 2013 - 02:38 PM.

CCNA R&SCCNA Security | Network+  |  B.S. - Information Technology | Cyber Security Engineer

If I am helping you and have not replied within 48 hours, please send me a private message.

#4 TheShooter93

TheShooter93

Cody

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,792 posts
  •  

Posted 01 August 2013 - 10:02 AM

Hello alihassan,

It's been 72 hours since my last reply. Are you still with me?

If you need more time, just let me know.

If you do not reply within 48 hours, this thread will closed due to inactivity.

#5 Elise

Elise

Bleepin' Blonde

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 61,248 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:08 AM

Posted 03 August 2013 - 03:07 PM

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is now closed.

In the event you still have problems, please send me or any Moderator a Private Message and ask them to reopen this topic within the next 5 days.

Please include a link to your topic in the Private Message. Thank you.

regards, Elise

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | lockerdome

Malware analyst @ Emsisoft

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users