Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

suddenly unable 2 play mp4 files...error "no such interface supported" .dll miss

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 princess1221792003

princess1221792003

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:58 AM

Posted 28 July 2013 - 09:16 PM

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/499458/dll-files-are-missing-from-computer-unsure-what-the-real-issue-is/

refered from above post.

error reads "no such interface supported" when I try to use windows media player

movie maker gives error of "program can't start because d3dx10_41.dll is missing"

sfc/scannow was used and no errors were found.

Please advise! TIA

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,912 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:58 PM

Posted 10 August 2013 - 06:34 PM

As a quick and dirty fix, because I don't know where you can replace the .dll file from (!), have you considered a different media player ?  I can recommend the free VLC player, which you can get from here :

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/index.html

It is capable of playing almost any video or music format you care to throw at it, and I use it as my default player for both.

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users