Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Extra Internet explorer in task manager

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Bill8104

Bill8104

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2013 - 05:32 PM

When I open Internet explorer, the task manager always shows that 2 separate Internet explorers are open. If I minimize the 1 I open, I can't see the other window. Sometimes there are up to 4 at once on the task manager when I only have 1 open. The extra that show in task manager aren't there before I open a window and when I close the 1 I opened they all go away as well. The same thing happens in Chrome, Firefox, etc. I don't have wireless. When I end task on the other open windows, they come right back. It continues after a new hard drive and clean install were done so I know it's not a virus. I'm running Windows 7 premium, 64 bit. I use Comodo firewall with Killswitch, I blocked the Internet explorer but it still reconnects, it won't let me block it. It happens in safe mode too. I've tried different firewalls, nothing works. Comcast isn't helpful. What can I do? Please help. Thanks!

Edited by hamluis, 29 July 2013 - 07:22 AM.
Moved from IOS to Win 7 - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,416 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:13 AM

Posted 28 July 2013 - 07:17 PM

It's normal to have two iexplore.exe processes reflected in Taask Manager...when there is one IE window open.

For every additional window opened...another process appeaars.

If I have 5 windows open...my Task Manager should reflect 6 instances of iexplore.exe.

Just make sure that they all read "iexplore.exe" since "iexplorer.exe" is malware.

Credit hamluis

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users