Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

i think my laptop is infected

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 CAVALIER1

CAVALIER1

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:04 PM

Posted 28 July 2013 - 05:10 PM

I have windows 7, and I think my laptop is infected.

I seem to be getting pop up adverts on every webpage I visit online.

Usually some wording is a different colour, and if I put the curser arrow on these words, then adverts appear.

Also im getting pop up adverts on most sites as well.

If I visit my employers homepage, then adverts have appeared also.

these pop ups can be....www.bizcoaching.info...and...www.buildathome.info

Can anyone advise what I can do to rectify this issue...it would be much appreciated...thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,469 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:04 PM

Posted 28 July 2013 - 07:22 PM

Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamicontw5.gif and save it to your desktop.
  • Important!! When you save the mbam-setup file, rename it to something random (such as 123abc.exe) before beginning the download.
  • Double-click on the renamed file to install, then follow these instructions for doing a Quick Scan in normal mode.
  • Don't forget to check for database definition updates through the program's interface (preferable method) before scanning.
  • If you cannot update Malwarebytes or use the Internet to download any files to the infected computer, manually update the database by following the instructions in FAQ Section A.4. Issues.
Malwarebytes may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.
  • After the scan, make sure that everything is checked and then click the Remove Selected button to remove all the listed malware.
  • When done, a log report will open in Notepad.
  • The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab .
  • Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows the database version and your operating system.
  • Exit Malwarebytes when done.
If Malwarebytes encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so it can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally will prevent Malwarebytes from removing all the malware.

Please download and scan with the Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool from one of the following links and save it to your desktop.Be sure to print out and read the instructions provided in:
  • Double-click the setup file (i.e. setup_11.0.0.1245x11_2012_18-23_13_03.exe) to install the utility.
    Vista/Windows 7/8 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.
  • If you receive a UAC prompt asking if you would like to continue running the program, you should press the Continue button.
  • The required files will be exracted and installed...be patient as this will take a few minutes.
  • At the 'Welcome!' windows, check the box next to I accept the license agreement and click Start.
  • A new window will open with two tabs (Automatic Scan and Manual Disinfection) and two icons on the right.
  • For a more comprehensive (but longer) scan, click the icon which looks like a round gear, Click Scan Scope and place a check mark in the box next to Local Disk (C:).
    System memory, Hidden Startups and Disk boot sector boxes should already be checked by default.
  • Click on the 'Automatic Scan' tab, and click the green Start scanning button to begin.
  • The time to finish and percentage completed will show as the scan is in progress...Important! Do not use the computer during the scan.
  • If no threats are detected, exit the program.
  • If threats are detected, you will be prompted for action: Disinfect, Delete if disinfection failes.
  • Place a checkmark in the Apply to all box, and click Disinfect if the button is active.
  • After the scan finishes, if any threats are left unneutralized in the Scan window (Red exclamation point), click the Neutralize all button.
  • Place a checkmark in the Apply to all box, and click Disinfect if the button is active.
  • If advised that a special disinfection procedure is required which demands system reboot, click the Ok button to close the window.
  • When finished, click the rectanular notepad icon > select Detected threats > click on to highlight and click the Save icon to save the results as a text file...name it avptool.txt).
  • Copy and paste the report results of avptool.txt with any threats detected in your next reply.
  • When finished, follow these instructions on How to uninstall Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool.

Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users