Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Printer Problems

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Keith2556

Keith2556

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:14 AM

Posted 20 April 2006 - 07:19 AM

Can anyone help??
I have a 6 year old (ish) Canon BJC4650 bubblejet printer that has suddenly stopped working. Windows XP says it's there and working properly. I've uninstalled and re-installed a copule of times and I've tried it on another computer with the same result!!
I've replaced the printer cable with a new one. NOTHING (ARGHH!!)
Tearing hair out. Is there anything I haven't tried? Or shall I have to get a new printer??
Thanks anyone
Keith2556 :thumbsup:

Edited by Keith2556, 20 April 2006 - 07:19 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  

Posted 20 April 2006 - 08:44 AM

Hi Keith.
Need a little more to go on other then "not working". :thumbsup:
eg. what it does when you try to print, error messages, blinking lights on printer, etc, etc.

#3 Keith2556

Keith2556
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 21 April 2006 - 06:14 AM

Hi
Thanks for your reply.
Not working means: according to the operating system and the printer settings, the document is printing; but nothing happens and after a min or 2, error message saying "document not printed", so I have to delete print job :thumbsup: :huh: :huh:

I've done all the usual things, as on my first posting, not much else left methinks? B)

#4 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  

Posted 21 April 2006 - 07:38 AM

Have you tried to print a test page directly from the printer panel?
If you haven't, power down the printer.
Press and hold the power button until you hear the number of beeps that correspond to the test page you want to print below. Release the power button. Try them all.

From Canon:

Test page: Number of beeps

Demonstration 1
Status Information 2
Test A 3
Nozzle Test 4

If it prints the test pages, we'll know there's nothing mechanicly wrong with the printer itself.
I'm assuming your ink cartridges are good.

#5 Keith2556

Keith2556
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 25 April 2006 - 06:47 AM

Hi
Thanks once again. I've tried all the self test pages and apart from not knowing when to stop, the actual printer works fine. (probably used all my ink now. Haha)
I've done another uninstall and reinstall, new cable etc, but all I still get is "Error - document failed to print" :thumbsup: :huh: :huh:

Edited by Keith2556, 25 April 2006 - 06:47 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users