Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problems posting logs

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 scrabbleboard

scrabbleboard

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:24 AM

Posted 27 July 2013 - 02:34 PM

Hi, I'm a new registered member on this site, and i've been trying to post a log on the Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and other Malware removal logs forum for a while now, but I keep on getting a message that says I do not have permission to post it, and off to the right it as the number 103131 at the side of the notification. Has anyone else had problems like this before? Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,733 posts
  •  

Posted 27 July 2013 - 02:50 PM

Hello,

Quite likely the issue is malware preventing your ability to post in that forum. Go ahead and create your log topic in this forum. Make it a separate topic by itself not a reply to this one. If you are successful, I will move the topic to the log forum for you and contact one of the Malware Staff to assist you further.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:07:24 AM

Posted 27 July 2013 - 03:04 PM

Are you trying to post it in a NEW topic you create or in someone else's topic? If it's to an existing topic by someone else you will get the error message you reported. The original poster, members of the malware removal team, and certain staff members are the only ones allowed to respond to topics in Malware Removal Logs.

#4 scrabbleboard

scrabbleboard
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 27 July 2013 - 03:08 PM

I'm still not able to post it even on this forum. Is there any other way around it? Also, I'm positive i'm starting a new post and not posting on someone else's topic.

#5 scrabbleboard

scrabbleboard
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 27 July 2013 - 03:12 PM

Since this hasn't been the issue when posting without the logs, i think it might be denying me because of the log content in the message. Can I send my log directly to someone so they can look at it?

#6 scrabbleboard

scrabbleboard
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 27 July 2013 - 03:38 PM

I was able to post it fine without the logs in the text, so i've just attached the files instead. Thank you.

#7 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,733 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2013 - 07:26 PM

Member being assisted here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/502442/infected-with-virtumonde-used-guide-to-fix-now-i-actually-experience-pop-ups/

To avoid confusion for everyone. This topic is now closed.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users