Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

outlook express

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 chucky2

chucky2

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:22 AM

Posted 27 July 2013 - 02:00 PM

Is there anyway I can send an attachment like a photo without the recipient receiving the attachment plus the large pic when they open the message...I would like the recipient to receive the attachment only...I have tried different things like holding shift and ctrl at same time when clicking on the pic....also going into the html from the tools, options,send, html settings and unchecking "send picture with message"...nothing works.
thanks in advance

Edit: Moved topic from Windows XP to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,552 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:22 AM

Posted 27 July 2013 - 02:51 PM

Yes (I think)....rather than using Insert Picture...just use Insert Attachment.  Insert Picture causes the graphic to be in the body of the email message.

You can try it and see if it does the job.

Louis

#3 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:22 AM

Posted 29 July 2013 - 06:56 AM

Yes (I think)....rather than using Insert Picture...just use Insert Attachment.  Insert Picture causes the graphic to be in the body of the email message.

You can try it and see if it does the job.

Louis

I don't believe that will matter. I believe it is a function of what type of email message was used (i.e. plain text vs. Rich Text or HTML) and also the email client the person receiving the message uses (and how that email client deals with attached pictures)...potentially more the latter than the former.

I believe these days most current email clients will automatically display any common photo extension attachments in the body of the message. Some clients might have the ability to turn that off.

The only way that I know of for sure that will by pass that is to compress/zip the photos so that they don't have a photo file extension. I am pretty sure that sending the message as a plain text message should also do it, but I am not 100% sure...and even then finding where you can make a message "plain text" getting harder with many email clients as HTML/Rich Text is the norm these days. For example, I sent myself a plain text email message with a photo attached and the Apple Mail client STILL showed the photo in the body of the message until I engaged a "Show plain text alternative" mode for that message.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users