Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What Does a Red Task Bar Mean?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 LittleGreenDots

LittleGreenDots

• Members
  • 449 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:22 PM

Posted 27 July 2013 - 01:00 PM

One of my computers is infected and I'm getting ready to format and reinstall Windows 7.  I already worked with people here from BleepingComputer about the infection.  As instructed, I copied to DVD personal files I want to save from the infected computer.  They are mostly photos I took.  I just scanned one of the disks and I inserted it in my CDRom and opened it (I have autorun turned off so I have to click on the icon from the COMPUTER icon screen) and noticed that the bar indicating how full the DVD is...is RED.  I don't recall seeing red before and am concerned about this.  The scan indicated there was no malicious items found, but even during the process of discovering the infection, the scans by both Avast and Malware Bytes indicated nothing malicious either.

Why would that bar be red? 

I've attached a jpg image. 

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,260 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:22 PM

Posted 27 July 2013 - 01:08 PM

The color of that bar indicates the remaining free space on a storage medium, with red indicating that very little space remains on the DVD (it's roughly 94% full.)

#3 LittleGreenDots

LittleGreenDots
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 449 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:22 PM

Posted 27 July 2013 - 02:56 PM

So...it isn't a warning about anything else then an almost full disk.

Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users