Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Some Sort of help is required !

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 saravananr

saravananr

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:34 AM

Posted 27 July 2013 - 04:35 AM

I have windows 7 very recently installed in my Laptop . I usually download a lot of softwares from isohunt or thepiratebay etc . But immediately my Norton Internet security 2013 discovers some sort of virus ( mostly trojan in it and moves it to quarantine ) . But sometimes I have restored some of these files and added it to the exclusion list . Later when I discovered that my laptop didn't respond well , I understood that it was because of these virus and then removed it by deleting the file maually . I always run frequent scans ( Eset online scanner , superantispyware , etc )( also every time when I scan with superantispyware , i find a lot of ad-wares ) .

Now , I have got a new Internet connection in my house . With this connection my wifi is automatically not giving access to the Internet after using for a while . This is happening very frequently( it remains connected for 15 - 20 mins and then doesn't work . Immediately if I disconnect and connect back to the same network through wifi , it starts working . When it doesn't work , if I Ieave it so , it remains in the same way and never regains Internet connection back . It always requires me to disconnect and connect again )  . This is causing a lot of disturbance . At first I thought that this might be the problem of the new Internet connection . But , I am using the same Internet connection in another PC directly through wire connection ( not wifi ) . The Internet is always continuous and there is no disturbance in the PC .

So , I want to know if this problem is because my PC is infected or is there anything else .

Awaiting for your useful guidance !

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:34 PM

Posted 27 July 2013 - 06:35 AM

- These Are My Opinions Only -

>> So , I want to know if this problem is because my PC is infected or is there anything else  < <. :hysterical:   

If you are so silly to knowingly use the Pirated and Infected materials downloaded from these sites, you deserve it ..... :devil: You have already said that your computer is always in need of attention due to Your habits, and no-one elses.

The main causes for these infections is the operator in control, and not the computer.

A Norton Antivirus program will only ever cover half of the infections that are on these sites, plus the fact that you know these sites carry infections and illegal content, but you continue to use them.

You may find someone in the Malware Removal area of the forum who is willing to help you Once, but you must stop the use of these sites and reform your methods of downloading the materals / programs that you seem to be hooked on -

........................................................................................................................................................

Please read the Preparation Guidefrom Post #6 and then post a new topic in Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs

Please post to the Malware Removal Logs area even if you are unable to produce the requested logs, and an Expert may assist you with removal of the problem - Leave a link to this topic so the helper can read your original problem -

Please include a description of your computer issues, what you have done to resolve them, and a link to this topic.

If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the new topic and explain what happens when you try to create the log(s) that you couldn't get. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then still post the topic and explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happens when you try to create the logs.

NOTE : Please Copy / Paste all logs requested, and do not use Attach unless specifically asked -

Good luck and be very patient, as the area can get very busy with genuine problems.

If HelpBot replies to your topic, PLEASE follow Its Step One so it will report your topic to the team members.

Thank You -

Edited by noknojon, 28 July 2013 - 02:40 AM.

#3 sikntired

sikntired

• Members
  • 1,002 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:34 AM

Posted 27 July 2013 - 09:49 AM

After reading the OP's content it is indeed hilarious and noknojon I personally think your analogy is correct. Yes this forum is intended to help those who are unwittingly besieged my malware. And help may be provided if the user acknowledges his or her lack of judgement in visiting questionable sites. But to admit to consistently downloading from sites that are either illegal or are known for harboring infection is beyond belief. Thus, I would be hesitant to offer any kind of assistance unless there were a modification of behavior that was expressed.

This is my personal opinion and should not be construed as otherwise. 

Regards..................

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,867 posts
  •  

Posted 27 July 2013 - 11:12 AM

Sorry to divert cfrom the topic here...but this needs to be understood by all who frequent this particular forum.

First I wish to say sorry to the forum Mods and Admins for my post - These Are My Opinions Only

>> So , I want to know if this problem is because my PC is infected or is there anything else  < <. :hysterical:   

If you are so silly to knowingly use the Pirated and Infected materials downloaded from these sites, you deserve it ..... :devil: You have already said that your computer is always in need of attention due to Your habits, and no-one elses.

The main causes for these infections is the operator in control, and not the computer.

A Norton Antivirus program will only ever cover half of the infections that are on these sites, plus the fact that you know these sites carry infections and illegal content, but you continue to use them.

You may find someone in the Malware Removal area of the forum who is willing to help you Once, but you must stop the use of these sites and reform your methods of downloading the materals / programs that you seem to be hooked on -

........................................................................................................................................................

First problem that I have with this portion of the post...you knew that you were wrong and felt that an apology would mitigate the fact that you went off on a tangent.  Bad judgment on your part.

Second...we are in the Win 7 forum, which deals with Windows 7 issues.  We do NOT attempt to analyze or interpret malware situations here.  If a member comes acrooss a situation that seems to have malware implications....the website/forum policy is clear on what is supposed to happen.  Report the topic by using the REPORT button for that post or topic...nothing else is necessary.  The Staff will handle it from there.

In the future...I expect every member to recognize what forum he/she happens to be posting in...to abide by the forum rules re behavior between/among members...and to try to help each other when such is possible.  If you cannot help, don't clutter the topic with extraneous, unsolicited comments about whatever.  Most of all...abide by the established forum protocols, for the sake of the membership...and for your own sake.

Louis

#5 sleepwalker

sleepwalker

• Members
  • 144 posts
  •  

Posted 27 July 2013 - 11:56 AM

Now , I have got a new Internet connection in my house . With this connection my wifi is automatically not giving access to the Internet after using for a while . This is happening very frequently( it remains connected for 15 - 20 mins and then doesn't work . Immediately if I disconnect and connect back to the same network through wifi , it starts working . When it doesn't work , if I Ieave it so , it remains in the same way and never regains Internet connection back . It always requires me to disconnect and connect again )  . This is causing a lot of disturbance . At first I thought that this might be the problem of the new Internet connection . But , I am using the same Internet connection in another PC directly through wire connection ( not wifi ) . The Internet is always continuous and there is no disturbance in the PC .

So , I want to know if this problem is because my PC is infected or is there anything else .

Awaiting for your useful guidance !

It could be your WI-FI signal is too weak  or your WI-FI channel is too busy in your location.Try connecting to your network with a cable and see if that makes a difference.Sounds like a networking problem .

#6 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,323 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:34 AM

Posted 27 July 2013 - 07:51 PM

Let us know if the direct connect helps. If not I'll check for malware and move you.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#7 saravananr

saravananr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:34 AM

Posted 28 July 2013 - 02:43 AM

The direct connection is working perfectly . Wifi is also working but only for 10 mins . Then , I have to disconnect and connect back . Thatis the probs . There is no disturbance in wired connection

#8 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,867 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2013 - 10:13 AM

I would uninstall the wireless driver...then reinstall same.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users