Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ribbon cable extension

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Visceris

Visceris

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:24 PM

Posted 27 July 2013 - 01:02 AM

Is there a way to extend a 60 pin ribbon cable? Or somewhere that sells them? I cant find anything. I need it to be around 18"-20"

Any info is appreciated. Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dpunisher

dpunisher

• BC Advisor
  • 2,234 posts
  •  

Posted 27 July 2013 - 05:44 AM

I do not know.  Depends on what connector, and the specifics of data transmission.

What is the application?

If you just need 60 conductor ribbon, you can get that by the foot.

Edited by dpunisher, 27 July 2013 - 05:46 AM.

I am a retired Ford tech. Next to Fords, any computer is a piece of cake. (The cake, its not a lie)

3770K @4.5, Corsair H100, GTX780, 16gig Samsung, Obsidian 700 (yes there is a 700)

#3 Visceris

Visceris
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 27 July 2013 - 09:01 AM

Where would i get that? By the foot. And its out of a ps3, it transfers bluray data

#4 dpunisher

dpunisher

• BC Advisor
  • 2,234 posts
  •  

Posted 27 July 2013 - 02:31 PM

SOB, just lost my post on my lappy.  Here I go again.

I think I lied to you.  Do you need the thin plastic ZIF ribbon, or the ribbon with plastic connectors on the end like old school IDE cables?

Ribbon cables, like the IDE and floppy cables, you can get on spools, cut, and snap on your own connectors. The flat ZIF ribbons, not so much.

Digikey has some cables (.5mm pitch ffc ZIF) but nothing over 200mm in stock from what I can tell.  Ebay has some 250mm cables.  You can also run 2X30 conductor, or 3X20 conductor ribbons side by side as well.

Sony, king of proprietary.  Wish you luck.

I am a retired Ford tech. Next to Fords, any computer is a piece of cake. (The cake, its not a lie)

3770K @4.5, Corsair H100, GTX780, 16gig Samsung, Obsidian 700 (yes there is a 700)

#5 Visceris

Visceris
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 27 July 2013 - 02:38 PM

Thanks for the reply. I think it may be the zif ribbon by what ur saying. And ok i never thought of doing that. Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users