Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Intro from Low Country

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Low Country

Low Country

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:26 PM

Posted 26 July 2013 - 08:19 PM

I'm a retired U S federal worker who eased into computers in 1980 while attending civilian ATP/Learjet ground school in Florida. A Radio Shack TRS-80 served as a training tool for systems and procedures in order to shorten ground training time while yielding maximum knowledge retention.

A few years later, I used a Radio Shack Color Computer to help memorize data in preparation for a career in en route air traffic control. During my FAA employment, I learned DOS, Windows and soon was building my own PCs.

About 2004, I attended a computer club meeting in a retirement community and offered to help with some network issues. Shortly, I was asked to be club president. Thanks to some timely information from another forum, I found myself in high demand for home services and began building a new career servicing PCs. Surprisingly lucrative, that lasted until filing for divorce and dissolving the business.

My current computers are a mix of home-built and laptops. One desktop is a surprisingly nimble Windows 7 Professional micro-ATX system powered by an Intel Pentium E6600. Another is an overclocked Core i7-875k used for video editing and for flight simulation. My most used PC is an Asus K55A (Core i3 Ivy Bridge) running Windows 8 Pro/Start8.

I've recently ended a long association with a forum due to a very liberal off-topic lounge that has become a bash-the-U.S.A venue. A political moderate who tests slightly left of center, I've no intention of getting publicly involved in those issues again.

I hope to concentrate on learning the latest on computer security issues and hopefully helping others. Additionally, learning Linux is near the top of my list. 

See you online!

Edited by Low Country, 26 July 2013 - 09:26 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 GB2064

GB2064

• Members
  • 947 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:26 PM

Posted 26 July 2013 - 11:04 PM

Welcome aboard!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users