Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Graphics card dilemma...

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 bladetucker

bladetucker

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:20 PM

Posted 26 July 2013 - 08:14 PM

So, everytime I put the graphics card into my motherboard, everything starts to freeze up after 45 minutes.  It's a Nvidia 560 card, with a Seasonic 620watt PSU.  I figured, okay, graphics card might be dying, time to RMA.  After two more graphics cards, it's still keeps freezing up.  Okay, maybe the PSU is going bad.  Switched that out and it still acts bad.  (though I'm not sure 12v fluctuation is normal on either).  They both fluctuate about .088 volts.  I don't have a spare mobo to swap out.  Anybody wanna take a crack at what the problem is? 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,297 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:20 PM

Posted 27 July 2013 - 05:36 PM

My first thought would be a heat build-up problem, but since you have changed video cards and PSUs it is unlikely to be caused directly by them. Could it be a problem with the airflow through your case ?  I have two fans on the front of my own case which I have switched so I can turn them off if I am not doing anything graphics intensive. They are not particularly noisy, but it doesn't help my tinnitis. If I forget to switch them on before I start games running, I get thermal shutdown about 25 minutes later !

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users