Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 8.1 along with 8 xp etc

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 sjea

sjea

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:06 PM

Posted 26 July 2013 - 01:15 AM

I love this site, I do not post often but would love a 8.1 Topic I have been using it for a bit and have found a few thing that some may know but other may not 1st and only atm is found one of only a few antivirus software that work is Panda CLoud would love other people input on this and other things they have found.  Sorry is this post is somewhere else 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,502 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:06 PM

Posted 26 July 2013 - 08:26 AM

8.1 is just another version of Windows 8, so this forum would be applicable for any 8.1 questions.

Any antivirus software that works with Windows 8 should work on Windows 8.1 with no problem.

#3 sjea

sjea
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:06 PM

Posted 26 July 2013 - 10:05 AM

that what  i thought but they don't mse was broke in it ,Nortons, "this one may have been updated " avg,  etc anyways just a thought have a great day !!

#4 Keithuk

Keithuk

• Members
  • 956 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:06 PM

Posted 28 July 2013 - 07:22 AM

Windows 8 and 8.1 are the same system.

I was reading yesterday you can download Windows 8.1 Preview iso. http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/windows-8/preview-download

Obviously its a beta version so probably loads of bugs and you loose you your original install unless you partition the drive.

Keith

Windows ME (spare computer)
Windows XP 2002 Professional SP3 (desktop computer)
Windows 7 Professional SP1 32bit (laptop computer)

Windows 8 64bit spare drive for laptop computer

#5 caperjac

caperjac

• Members
  • 1,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:06 PM

Posted 28 July 2013 - 08:35 AM

win8/8.1 has windows Defender as default .don't use MSE anymore

im using Duel boot of ,8.1 full install along with win8 , im in win8.1 right now and yes it does have bugs ,one im having right now with ie 11 and the quote option of this forum ,its not working

Edited by caperjac, 28 July 2013 - 08:38 AM.

My answers are my opinion only,usually

#6 caperjac

caperjac

• Members
  • 1,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:06 PM

Posted 28 July 2013 - 08:39 AM

win8/8.1 has windows Defender as default .don't use MSE anymore

im using Duel boot of ,8.1 full install along with win8 , im in win8.1 right now and yes it does have bugs ,one im having right now with ie 11 and the quote option of this forum ,its not working

just switched to Firefox and the quote option works quite will.
just check the quote option on another forum on IE 11 and it worked ,so I think the bug is with this forum and not win 8.1

just check the quote option on another forum on IE 11 and it worked ,so I think the bug is with this forum and not win 8.1

even the edit option is buggy ,it might just be me and not 8.1 who knows

Edited by caperjac, 28 July 2013 - 08:45 AM.

My answers are my opinion only,usually

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users