Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Samsung monitor sycmaster 932a Blinking button

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 shyjan

shyjan

• Members
  • 137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:45 AM

Posted 26 July 2013 - 01:15 AM

My neighbor has a Samsung monitor sycmaster 932a.
 When the computer has been on but idle for a few hours it takes a very long time to come back from "sleep." Usually, the touch of any key  will bring it back.  But now it stays black for several minutes,and the button light keeps blinking until finally it stays on. From that point, everything is as normal. However, it now it has stopped turning on.
I switched monitors with him and gave him my spare.

Now it does not turn on at all. The button keeps blinking, no matter what computer I plug it into. What I thought was a problem coming out of sleep mode turns out to be a bad monitor. Is there something in the monitor I can replace to fix the problem? Or a way to reset it?
It is an expensive monitor.
Thanks for you time.
JAn

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 shyjan

shyjan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 137 posts
  •  

Posted 29 July 2013 - 06:27 PM

OK 3 days later, 47  views, and no helpful posts! So here is what I found from researching this and watching  a few videos.

I hope it helps others, since I hate it when I find someone who has the same exact problem as mine and when I click int the forum there is no answer.

So here it is:

The monitor has a 3 year warrenty, and on the samsung site it will tell you when it expires, this one expired in January....damn back in January we though it had trouble coming out of hibernation.

That is my first tip. Shut off hibernation and see if the monitior still has a problem turning on, and check warrenty immediately!

The samsung site is not user friendly and I kept going in and out of tech support, so finally gave up. I googled it and found that Samsung TVs and Monitors have a lot online about this problem. But nothing specific about the 930B.

So after watching a view videos I determined that it was probably bad capacitors.

I watched a video of prying a monitor open with a butter Knife. So I did that and it came apart pretty easy. Then I unscrewed a board and saw that 3 capacitors were bulging and leaking.

I should put some pictures up so it will be helpful to others. I watched a video on changing caps for $1 each and while it looked easy, I was concerned about the high voltage, so I decided to put the card numbers into google and replace the card which was easy to get out. Although I could not figure out how to pull the metal box with the card it it, from the screen. However, it wasnt necessay since I could unscrew the card. I ordered the part from ebay for $25.

#3 Platypus

Platypus

• 14,463 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:45 PM

Posted 29 July 2013 - 07:24 PM

If I'd noticed the topic, capacitors would have been my suggestion. Thank you for letting us know how you resolved it!

Top 5 things that never get done:

#4 shyjan

shyjan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 137 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2013 - 10:02 AM

Yes there were 2 bad capacitors on the board with the power, I switched that out and ...wha la fixed! for $25.

I took pictures and I might put them somewhere because I did not see anything for my exact monitor, to help others.

thanks

Jan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users