Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help Me With Various Games And Applications Crashing?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 Gizmo770

Gizmo770

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:56 AM

Posted 26 July 2013 - 12:58 AM

Alright guys, I hope you can help me, my computer has already been fully clean of viruses and malware of the sort, so I'm going to need some other answers. A couple weeks ago, I cleaned my computer of malware and trojans. For some reason after that, I cannot launch most of my games and applications, and this specifically is tailored to most of my pirated games. It does happen to my legit stuff too. But for some reason, two pirated games lasted, and they were Bioshock and Civilization V. Another weird thing was one of the legit games that were affected was Team Fortress 2, and probably because two of the deleted pirated games I had ran the same hl2.exe process. Steam told me to delete some folders and files except for two things, steamapps (Which was a folder that contained my Steam games including Team Fortress), and the Steam.exe application. It surprisingly worked!

After some help from Broni (Thanks a lot for helping get rid of anything that was making my computer slow, and although it really didn't resolve my crashing problem, you've been a big help :) ), I got rid of every virus or something that made my computer slow. It didn't solve my crashing problem. What seems to happen with most applications, is that I launch them, and after a few seconds it says that "Application X has stopped responding.", or sometimes, the not responding doesn't even show up (This also applies to League of Legends, where the logo shows up and disappears.), it shows up in my process list, and just disappears. I already ran a system check and used tweaking.com's Windows Repair, it just won't launch at all. I dunno what's going on, but this seemed to start after that virus removal. Please don't move this topic to another forum like "Help! I'm Infected", because it's not that anymore.

The topic, if you want to know what probably was removed, is here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/501906/help-me-with-malwareslow-problems/

The list of applications that I know so far that were affected are below:

List:

League of Legends

Halo

Halo 2 (Pirated)

Counter-Strike Global Offensive

Roblox

M2 Sega Emulator

Scribblenauts Unlimited (Pirated)

Rosetta Stone

Desmume Emulator

Sims 2 Double Deluxe with various expansion packs. One Expansion is pirated.

Nestopia (NES Emulator)

Others I probably haven't tried yet. I hope you can help me find a solution. I'm going on vacation tomorrow and I don't want to be game-less on the way...

When the internet actually comes to a close, whenever that happens, just think, how will we live?

~(Myself) Gizmo770

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,416 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:56 AM

Posted 26 July 2013 - 07:26 AM

<<...cannot launch most of my games and applications, and this specifically is tailored to most of my pirated games.>>

Using pirated software is a violation of forum rules (see link in my signature for summary of rules.  We won't be able to assist you in this forum with your issues.

"No subject matter will be allowed whose purpose is to defeat existing copyright or security measures. If a user persists and/or the activity is obviously illegal the staff reserves the right to remove such content and/or ban the user. This would also mean encouraging the use or continued use of pirated software is not permitted, and subject to the same consequences."

If you have any questions about my actions, please send me a PM and I will attempt to elaborate/respond, as necessary.