Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Strange Intermittent Freezing after reinstall

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Lucius31

Lucius31

• Members
  • 117 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:03 AM

Posted 25 July 2013 - 11:16 PM

Hi everyone,

I recently (yesterday) re-installed Windows and I have a bit of a strange issue.

Sometimes my system will freeze for approximately 1-4 seconds (without any error or blue screen) then go back to its old merry ways.

This system is absolutely clean of viruses at the moment, but the reason why I did a reinstall was because I did have a boot virus which was solved on this site, and thus I just wanted to wipe the slate clean and install less programs and enjoy a better pc again.

So far my system is fully up and running with all the drivers installed (as far as I know) correctly.

The problem usually happens moments after starting Windows, sometimes in Windows Media Player, a song will cut off and the mouse will freeze up, then the song continues. Same issue happened with WMP uninstalled and just browsing event viewer.

This is what I have done so far ;

Removed klite codecs - problem still occurred
Reinstalled Audio Drivers - problem still occurred (although issue still happened BEFORE audio drivers installed)
Reinstalled mouse drivers
Checked for Microsoft fixes for these issues - ran codec and windows media player fixes with no luck.
Uninstalled Windows Media Player (as this started with sound cutting off in WMP) - issue still happened quite randomly. So I guess the issue is not related to sound.
Sometimes opening up eventviewer caused the system to freeze momentarily.

After installing Windows Media Player again, I still get songs cutting off for a second (randomly) and intermittent freezing.

I also ran a Windows Update "fix" to see if any errors were there, and it found a few and fixed them. (issue still happens)

Checked Event Viewer again for errors.

The only error in Event Viewer at the moment is ;

Log Name:      Application
Source:        Apache Service
Date:          26/07/2013 1:39:27 PM
Event ID:      3299
Task Category: None
Level:         Error
Keywords:      Classic
User:          N/A
Computer:      Antonio-PC
Description:
The Apache service named  reported the following error:
>>> httpd.exe: Could not reliably determine the server's fully qualified domain name, using 127.0.0.1 for ServerName     .
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
  <System>
    <Provider Name="Apache Service" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">3299</EventID>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>0</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2013-07-26T03:39:27.000000000Z" />
    <EventRecordID>1433</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>Antonio-PC</Computer>
    <Security />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data>The Apache service named</Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>reported the following error:
&gt;&gt;&gt;</Data>
    <Data>httpd.exe: Could not reliably determine the server's fully qualified domain name, using 127.0.0.1 for ServerName</Data>

I find this a little strange because I don't think I have Apache installed and I can't find any service for it....maybe this is causing the issue?

Anyway, if you guys could help me through to solve this problem ....I am more than happy to give any info you guys need.

Edited by Lucius31, 25 July 2013 - 11:31 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Lucius31

Lucius31
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 117 posts
  •  

Posted 26 July 2013 - 01:15 AM

Update : I finally realised that the "Marvel Driver/Utility" had silently installed some sort of Apache software, even though I couldn't find anything on it.

Since I was using Intel drivers for my SSD, I decided to uninstall all the Marvel stuff.

This seems to have stopped the Apache errors. I am now waiting to see if I still get issues with freezing.

#3 Lucius31

Lucius31
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 117 posts
  •  

Posted 26 July 2013 - 02:27 AM

Problem seems to be solved once this Marvel driver was removed.

I will update again if it re-occurs.

Thanks (even though no one replied).

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,900 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:03 PM

Posted 26 July 2013 - 10:26 AM

Glad you resolved it, happy computing :).

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users