Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

One thing leads to another (problem) with ComboFix

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 JayJax

JayJax

• Members
  • 699 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:59 AM

Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:06 PM

Today I started experiencing annoying stuff on my lap top.  At various times surveys would pop up or special notices once on Amazon.com

Anyway I downloaded combofix (after first running the bleeping computer program, I forget the name, to check for malware etc.

So after I ran combo fix it said it was moving one file then it needed to restart computer so I said okay

When it starts up its goes bad when I get to the desktop area there is like an application box that is flashing really fast off and on and I have no control over the system

I restarted again to the same thing but I was able to see the file name of the flashing box thing and it was combofix

So now what do I do?   I have no control over the computer when I start it up that file shows up and flashes very rapidly

What to do????

Is there a way during boot-up to invoke the restore to early time?

Edited by JayJax, 25 July 2013 - 07:08 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TechDaddy

TechDaddy

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:59 AM

Posted 26 July 2013 - 09:49 PM

Hello JayJax

We would be glad to help you on this issue here. If we can get some information about the PC. If you can tell us the make and model of the PC and what operating system the PC has. That way we can help you get the Safe Mode with Networking option so that the CF can complete or be removed. On a lot of systems like HP you can tap on F8 at the boot of the PC and it will give you the advanced boot options and then you can use the down arrow and select Safe Mode with Networking. Then you can run tools as needed. I do not want to recommend and software until we can learn more about the PC to see what can be affected by the running of repair software. 

#3 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,317 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:59 AM

Posted 27 July 2013 - 02:53 PM

Grinler replied with instructions here:

JayJax, CF is not infected.

If you ran into an issue after running CF, you should post a new topic in this forum and someone can help you:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/25/antivirus-firewall-and-privacy-products-and-protection-methods/

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#4 JayJax

JayJax
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 699 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:59 AM

Posted 29 July 2013 - 12:24 AM

Thank you I will do that.    I had an issue before and after using the program.    Thanks for the info

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users