Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

not seeing network objects on Win 7 computer

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 luv2bike2nv

luv2bike2nv

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:05 PM

Posted 25 July 2013 - 04:16 PM

1- Windows 7 Pro 32 bit SP 1 connected to the office network.

1- Windows 7 Pro 64 bit SP 1 connected to the office network

the issue on these two computers are:

Right now, they only see the 2 Windows 7 computers and 2 printers when browsing the Network.

we have about 25 windows XP machines and 7 servers along with a couple of other printers. there are no other Windows 7 computers here.

all the XP machines and servers can see all of the network objects including the 2 Win 7 computers.

We have a Sonicwall TZ100 router that has DHCP configured on it.

We did not have the password to get into it so we had an consultant come in reset the Sonicwall and configure it so that we can get into the router, neither myself or my co-worker has experience with Sonicwall and we do not have support from (Dell) Sonicwall.  The company that set up the Sonicwall would not give us the password that is why we had to reset it.

Before the Sonicwall was reset to factory default the Win 7 computers were able to see all of the network objects. 

after the reset it has been hit or miss on seeing all network objects.

right now 1 win 7 computer is set to Static IP and DNS and it can not see network objects.

the other one is set to DHCP and it cannot see network objects.

I have tried setting it to a Static IP address in the static IP range (static range is xx.xx.xx.1- xx.xx.xx.100 and xx.xx.xx.201-xx.xx.xx.254) and to a DHCP ip address range  (DHCP range xx.xx.xx.101 - xx.xx.xx.200).  sometimes I can see the network objects and sometimes I can't there is no set pattern.  it is very frustrating. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks,

Robin

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 GodfatherKing

GodfatherKing

• Members
  • 587 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:05 PM

Posted 30 July 2013 - 05:51 AM

It looks like the reset has reset the settings of the router. You must fix the issue by the cause of it and that's the configuration of the router.

Preform also a check by manualy entering the Network objects \\NETWORK_NAME or \\NETWORKIP 

To access the SonicOS Web-based management interface:

Enter the default IP address of http://192.168.168.168, or  the LAN IP address you chose during the Setup Wizard, in the Location or Address field of your Web browser

If the System > Status page  displays, then you have correctly configured the SonicWALL TZ 100/200 series appliance to work with the computer on your LAN.  <== Check On  System > Status page, to see if the router is correctly configured.

If you have received help from me and I don't have respond to you for almost >= 3 days, send me a Private Message.  :hello:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users