Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is Anyone Using This Firewall

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:50 PM

Posted 19 April 2006 - 09:46 PM

I was looking at the freeware recommended on the MicroSoft website. They recommended this riewall...
http://www.personalfirewall.comodo.com/

I have never heard of it. Does anyone on BC use this freeware Firewall? If so is it good product?
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 gunner

gunner

• Members
  • 337 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:50 PM

Posted 19 April 2006 - 10:54 PM

Thanks for the link, I am using it now. OK so far..... It seems to have a better memory than most.
Spike's advice: Backup your data routinely.

#3 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  

Posted 20 April 2006 - 10:50 AM

What do you mean by "it seems to have a better memory than most"? What is a better memory?

#4 willmon18

willmon18

• Deactivated
  • 57 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:50 PM

Posted 20 April 2006 - 02:05 PM

The person means that it makes good use of memory. As in it does not use much memory. In simpler terms RAM Random Access Memory which is used by your computer to run programs and computer functions. It is best to use the least RAM you have to this will result in a faster computer. If you want to use a good Security Suite I recommend Zone Alarm Security Suite.
William Montgomery Walters

#5 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  

Posted 20 April 2006 - 02:16 PM

It is best to use the least RAM you have to this will result in a faster computer.

So 32 MB of memory will run a system faster than 2 gigs? :thumbsup:

The person means that it makes good use of memory.

That might be what this person means, but I'd rather ask the person that made the statment what they mean than asuming that I know what they mean.

#6 Professional

Professional

• Members
  • 280 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:50 PM

Posted 20 April 2006 - 07:48 PM

haha, funny situation there there, I agree with your answer/reply to the second quote there groovicius, but I think he means that applications which use the least memory are better since it wont takes up as much RAM, and I seriously doubt 32MB RAM is better than 2GB...haha! Anyway the Comodo Firewall seems alright haven't tried it before myself but know a couple poeple that have and they are satisfied with the results..Guess we will 'ALL' have to try it to be sure.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users