Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vertical, thin, pink dotted line on computer screen...

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Shotgun Nova

Shotgun Nova

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:23 AM

Posted 25 July 2013 - 02:23 PM

20130725_120221_zps0bbfd739.jpg

That's my little problem... I have ignored the little thing, and now it it irking me to do something. It's a little annoying to see this kind of just see it just move down my screen, while surfing the web, or playing gmaes (like the picture there).

Could anyone help me with this?

As well, sorry for the toaster quality photo. I only had a tablet on-hand to take pictures with...

Here is a slightly higher quality photo...

Edited by Shotgun Nova, 25 July 2013 - 02:58 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:23 AM

Posted 26 July 2013 - 05:44 PM

Do you have or have access to a different monitor that you could try your computer with?

You could also try booting into Safe Mode to see it also happens there.

#3 Shotgun Nova

Shotgun Nova
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:23 AM

Posted 27 July 2013 - 07:58 PM

Do you have or have access to a different monitor that you could try your computer with?

You could also try booting into Safe Mode to see it also happens there.

I'll try booting into Safe mode; I don't have another video to use... :l

See you soon.

#4 Platypus

Platypus

• 14,967 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:23 AM

Posted 28 July 2013 - 12:59 AM

By all indications it's a fault in the LCD panel, and if so could only be repaired by replacing the panel, which is generally prohibitively expensive. You can prove the situation as mentioned by changing the operating conditions - and if the line appears on the OSD menu for the monitor controls or the splash screen when the monitor starts up.

Top 5 things that never get done:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users