Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hotspot Shield?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Jillbodeen

Jillbodeen

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:22 AM

Posted 25 July 2013 - 02:22 PM

Is Hotspot Shield a good program? Going to be using my computer in a lot of hospots and it claims to protect it. How exactly does it work? thanks!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,920 posts
  •  

Posted 25 July 2013 - 02:44 PM

The free version is ad-supported with limited functionality...if you don't want to see ads then you will need to spend some money.

Hotspot Shield virtual private network (VPN) software
Hotspot Shield Editor Review
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#3 armstrong_hanson

armstrong_hanson

• Banned Spammer
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:22 PM

Posted 12 November 2014 - 11:20 PM

Hi there! Hotspot Shield is actually cool. I've a lot of friends telling me to try Hotspot Shield. You can try the free version or the elite version of it. You can check out the website bestvpnservicemag.com to see a list of vpn together with their reviews and descriptions. Hope this helps!  :)

#4 Without_A_Monitor

Without_A_Monitor

• Members
  • 339 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:22 AM

Posted 13 November 2014 - 01:54 AM

I don't mean to be obnoxious or rude....the mere opinion that "Hotspot Shield is actually 'pretty cool'" and "friends telling you to try Hotspield Shield" are not really important or of much of a concern. The concern should be how effective and efficient it is. Moreover, its functionality (and the judgment of its functionality) is the main issue.

#5 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,920 posts
  •  

Posted 13 November 2014 - 05:52 AM

...The concern should be how effective and efficient it is. Moreover, its functionality (and the judgment of its functionality) is the main issue.

+1
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#6 sajidali27

sajidali27

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:22 PM

Posted 17 March 2015 - 06:16 AM

@quitman7 you are right that the HSS free version is ad-supported with limited functionality..

Hotspot Shield is best free VPN service... I had been using HSS for a long time but now I am using Zenmate its free and no ad-supported 

Though Hotspot shield Elite version still really beneficial to use 

http://www.hotspotshield.com/benefits-of-vpn

and if you want avail there full features buy its premium version in just 2.5/month 

#7 Duduz

Duduz

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:22 AM

Posted 15 July 2015 - 10:22 AM

Hotspot shield is one of the most used VPN services that is used to bypass country censorship and open all blocked websites through encrypted and secure tunnels and it also offers the strongest protection for the Wi-Fi security and applications this means you can easily access public Wi-Fi Hotspots with no worries of been tracked down.

Edited by Duduz, 15 July 2015 - 10:27 AM.

#8 pam1994

pam1994

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:22 AM

Posted 21 July 2015 - 07:33 AM

I think it's not so bad and not so good also, I used to use cactusvpn and now I'm using waselpro, both are good.

#9 chloee

chloee

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:22 AM

Posted 22 July 2015 - 04:04 PM

According to my personal experience with VPNs for online anonymity and bypassing firewalls without being detected with DPI, you need to mask your OpenVPN connection with SSH tunneling to get encrypted connection to get free access to the internet so I prefer using bVPN Service. Really it worth to try the free period.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users