Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No audio device, Soundmax and volume control are gone

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 fixcompsafe

fixcompsafe

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:12 PM

Posted 25 July 2013 - 12:48 PM

Hi.

After ComboFix scan, my volume control caused bsod. Upon restart of the computer a "Found new hardware wizard" pops up and there is a "Found new hardware: Multimedia Audio Controller " icon on my taskbar. And Microsoft Error reported device driver issue, on its website it said "You received this message because a device driver installed on your computer caused Windows to stop unexpectedly." Now my volume control is gone. When I went to Sounds and Devices it says "No Audio Device". My soundmax is also not in my add/remove programs list.

Windows XP Professional 32-bit Version 2002 SP3

Edited by fixcompsafe, 25 July 2013 - 12:49 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,400 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:12 PM

Posted 25 July 2013 - 01:59 PM

Install the sound drivers...the Soundmax is included with that package.

Louis

#3 fixcompsafe

fixcompsafe
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:12 PM

Posted 25 July 2013 - 02:16 PM

From where? XP drivers or Dell drivers (excuse my ignorence)? I went to Dell and searched for my service tag and downloaded the video and audio drivers but I still get no volume or video play.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,400 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:12 PM

Posted 25 July 2013 - 02:53 PM

If you have a Drivers CD which came with your system, that will do.

If you don't have such and you have an OEM (Dell, HP, etc.) system...you should download the appropriate drivers from the system manufacturer's website.

If self-built....drivers CD for motherboard or website of motherboard manufacturer.

If you installed the correct drivers and you get no system recognition of function...that's the time I would be suspecting function failure on that board/system.

FWIW, you can run the Windows Sound/Audio troubleshooter, along with Direct X troubleshooter.  Using the Help menus in Windows should take you to those tools.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users