Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

CD/DVD Drive Not Working. Driver problems. Samsung laptop. Please HELP.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 200254

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:58 AM

Posted 25 July 2013 - 11:57 AM

Hi,

I have a Samsung NP350V5c-A02UK and today I noticed that the CD/DVD drive was not working. It didn't show in My Computer and when I put a CD nothing came up on screen. I looked on the internet and found that I had to look in device manager to see the problem. So I did and I clicked on my CD/DVD drive and it had a explanation mark in a yellow triangle and it said 

"Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)"

I found this website http://pcsupport.about.com/od/findbyerrormessage/a/code-19-error.htm

and I tried step 4. I uninstalled the driver however I don't have the driver file to reinstall it and get the CD/DVD Drive working again. I looked on the internet and I couldn't find it to download. If you can please can you tell me where to download it because I need the CD Drive for work and my children need it for school work. Any replies will be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you in advance. 

Alex.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,290 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:58 AM

Posted 25 July 2013 - 12:57 PM

Drivers for optical drives (CD/DVD burners) are supplied by Windows...no need to load one from a disk or website.

Try MS Fixit, Optical Drives - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/982116 .

Louis

#3 200254

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  

Posted 25 July 2013 - 02:09 PM

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I tried that and at first the drivers started to install however it come up with an error and the drivers could not be installed. I shut down my computer turned it back on and ran it again and that time it just said (Please see attached picture 1) 

I clicked next and it said (Please see attached picture 2)

What shall I do?

Thanks.

Attached File  1.PNG   103.51KB   5 downloadsAttached File  2.PNG   100.77KB   5 downloads

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,290 posts
  •  

Posted 25 July 2013 - 04:18 PM

Your system is a laptop.

If it were a desktop, I would suggest removing the cables and trying the drive in a different system.  Optical drives die every day.

I suggest that you await suggestions from other members.

Louis

#5 200254

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  

Posted 25 July 2013 - 04:40 PM

Ok thanks

#6 200254

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  

Posted 26 July 2013 - 08:13 AM

Thank you for your help I restored my computer back 20 days and its working again. Thanks for your help.

#7 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,290 posts
  •  

Posted 26 July 2013 - 10:39 AM

:thumbup2: , nice work, glad you overcame it...happy computing :).

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users