Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer screwed?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Frils123

Frils123

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:00 PM

Posted 25 July 2013 - 06:19 AM

Hello,the problem started the other night where i was playing a game. Anyhow  it just froze and the screen turned to a different colour, this happened every time i played any game ( even on windows media player). I just thought the problem would fix itself, as the computer i got is fairly new (7 months). The next day it froze again and had to turn it off via power point, but now it wont even turn on. It goes past the windows loading the screen then freezes on  a dark brown. Havent really tried anything as i havent had a computer lately. any suggestions on if it could be a virus or a hard ware problem

Specs: GTX660

CPU: 3.6ghz quad core intel

some asus mo board

700w power supply

32bit windows 7

(cant remember other stuff)

If i psted this in the wrong section sorry as i couldn't find a proper one.

Any suggestions would be Great cheers

Frils

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Binyamen

Binyamen

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:00 PM

Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:53 AM

Hmmm similiar thing happens to my laptop sometimes. (when i play a game it freezes and changes colour)

Not sure but you prob need a new graphics card

as for "but now it wont even turn on. It goes past the windows loading the screen then freezes on  a dark brown."

idk :P im not exactly smart with computers just trying to help out.

Edited by Binyamen, 25 July 2013 - 08:00 AM.

#3 GodfatherKing

GodfatherKing

• Members
  • 587 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:00 AM

Posted 26 July 2013 - 09:34 AM

:welcome:

:step1:  Download BlueScreenViewhttp://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html

• Double-click BlueScreenView.exe file.
  • When autoscan is done (screen comes up), click Edit/Select All...then File/Save Selected Items.
  • Save the report as BSOD.txt.
  • Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all content and paste it into your next reply

== If no BSOD has been found, proceed with the other steps...

:step2: Install and run MBAM

:step3:  Publish a snapshot with Speccy:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/323892/publish-a-snapshot-using-speccy/#entry1797792

If you have received help from me and I don't have respond to you for almost >= 3 days, send me a Private Message.  :hello:

#4 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,133 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:00 AM

Posted 28 July 2013 - 05:41 PM

I have no wish to steal the Godfather's thunder, but this computer is only 7 months old !  I don't know where Frils123 lives, but here, in the UK, I would be jumping up and down in front of my supplier and claiming a replacement / repair under warranty.

I know that law and custom vary dramatically from one country to another, but that would be my first action with so new a computer. In fact, repairing it yourself - especially should it involve opening the case - might well invalidate any warranty you may have.

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users