Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Overseas Aid

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
31 replies to this topic

#1 yabbadoo

yabbadoo

• Banned
  • 510 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:01 AM

Posted 24 July 2013 - 06:44 PM

Overseas Aid is a self inflicted wound on Western Governments financial and economic attitudes. Nobody resents giving donations to charity if they can afford to do so. But the Western Governments appear to be besotted by some unexplainable Death Wish to donate astronomic sums to Overseas Aid which they cannot economically afford. These Governments have to actually borrow money simply to give it away and then pay the interest on it.

This suicidal economic attitude results in all the Western countries having a colossal National Debt whilst at the same time giving away Billions.  It does not need a Masters Degree in Economics to conclude the result of this lunacy. Any person with a large debt who has an addiction to gambling, such that they borrow money to fund their compulsive habit, is destined to have a very hard time indeed.

The top ten lunatics in Overseas Aid extravagance are shown here :-

And the World National Debt Clock is shown here :-

Just  click on each country to see their debts, it is a real pitiful picture of Generosity Incorporated.

Tiny little UK is second only to the big United States in this frivolity of tempting financial disaster by giving away money they have not got.

Each one of these generosity infatuated countries are professing internal economic doom and inflicting their populations with all kind of cuts, increased taxes and hardships.

The irony of all this Overseas Aid good intentioned extravaganza is that the material Aid and money handouts do not go to the poor starving, poverty stricken people, it is syphoned off by the despots who rule these begging bowl countries to enhance the ultra-lavish lifestyles of the ruling party members and minor officials and often to provide their military rabble with modern weapons, so they can enjoy themselves killing thousands of their own people in various internal squabbles, bloody rampages and civil wars. 

If Overseas Aid went to the purpose it is intended in preventing starvation and extreme poverty in the World, I would not be writing this thread, but it doesn't. So my attitude is for the Western Governments to cut this compulsive drive to economic  ruin and look after their own peoples prosperity first.

Otherwise many of these Western countries will eventually join the Third World Club and then where will the Golden Goose of infinite generosity be then ?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Stolen

Stolen

• Members
  • 669 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:01 AM

Posted 10 August 2013 - 09:40 PM

Hi there. I read your comments the other day and did not get time to reply.  But I did reply in another thread here which veered somewhat off topic.  So, I am pasting part of that thread here because when I replied to spc3rd, I remembered your OP above.  Here is part of that other thread I am bringing here now:

spc3rd, on 10 Aug 2013 - 06:49 AM, said:

Consider what is happening in several middle east countries where oppressive government regimes exist, and the people are now openly rebelling.  Make no mistake...the same thing can also end up happening here.  It may not happen tomorrow, or even 10 years from now, but you can only push people so far!  The age-old cry of the oppressor throughout history has been, "we're doing it for the good of the people."  I would hate to think the aforementioned would happen here, as the resulting bloodshed would make the Civil War look like a minor skirmish.

Just some thoughts to consider.

Then I replied to the above quote:

the same thing can happen here. And in another thread on this site, someone mentioned (think it was yabbadoo) that the US is so overly generous in our spending to 'help' other countries that we are going completely under ourselves (well that was one point I got from that discussion). I would take that further to say our efforts to give are somewhat misplaced. We are not helping these rebels fight for their freedom like we should (although I'm sure we don't hear about it much on the news and such), but economically speaking, we are placing ourselves in such jeopardy when you consider the massive power of, oh say China, for instance.

the whole point is freedom is important.  And I am not sure what we are doing to help ensure freedom, including ours. The thing with Iraq took so long, and I guess it's still not over, and are they free now? I'm not even sure.

We in the US have enjoyed a very brief period of the best free system in the world.  Brief.  And I am thankful to be a part of that system. I am happy to help where I can, when you think about what to do, tho, it's overwhelming.  Only way is to get people elected who can make a difference, it's very important. 

#3 Stolen

Stolen

• Members
  • 669 posts
  •  

Posted 10 August 2013 - 10:07 PM

wow.  

I  was just perusing one of the links from the OP above. 

I can't really conceive of this much money. it's in the billions.  With a B.

Top Ten Countries for Donors of Foreign Aid:
Donor (Billion $)

1 United States 23.53

2 United Kingdom 12.46

3 Japan 11.19

4 France 10.6

5 Germany 10.44

6 Netherlands 5.45

7 United Arab Emirates 5.2

8 Sweden 3.95

9 Canada 3.9

10 Spain 3.81

Edited by stolen, 10 August 2013 - 10:09 PM.

#4 yabbadoo

yabbadoo
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 510 posts
  •  

Posted 11 August 2013 - 02:55 AM

@ Stolen & spc3rd

Post 2 with all its inclusion is beyond me. I do not see what any of the  comments have to do with Overseas Aid as given by Western nations. We are dealing with policies of obsessive financial lunacy, recklessly  executed with the regularity of a programmed paycheck  by mentally disturbed Western Governments, like an unstoppable out-of-control goods train.

Overseas Aid is nothing to do with freedom, it is or should be to do with feeding starving people and helping these countries to become self sufficient. I have already said what actually happens to the money. Six African nations comprising recipients of $2,25 Billion in aid given by little penniless Britain in 2012 have  even got space programs and are due to launch rockets anytime now.

See - http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/critics-ask-why-britain-is-giving-15bn-in-aid-to-six-nations-with-space-ambitions-8755751.html

So whilst the poor people are dying of disease and starvation, the rulers of these bongo-bongo countries are frittering their life saving health and  food aid money away on an extravagant and very expensive  fireworks display.

To contemplate the mention of top aid predator Pakistan would be to be to quote the very epitome of lunatic generosity by mindless aid donors.

Overseas Aid has become a Western obsessional curse and amounts to gashing the jugular vein of our own financial and economic resources and prosperity and bleeding to death. We are in fact intentionally committing our own people to a life of social hardship and sacrifice by giving away the family silver to others. It is a hell-bent road to economic destruction.

And do you know  what ? I have not a single clue why we are doing it. If you check our national debts, ask yourself "How can a  country with colossal debts afford to give away Billions or even aggregated Trillions of dollars and at the same time increase taxation and implement cuts and  in services and hardship etc on our own people ?"

It is the most  stupid case of seemingly uncontrollable political crass irresponsibility present in the Western World today. 

But look on the bright side - when your taxes go up, you are made redundant, you cannot get a job, your hospitals have to close wards to save money,  your ambulance services are cut, your police forces are cut back, the cost of food and all vital commodities needed for living escalates beyond acceptability, your children have to go without, etc. etc. - just think of all the good you are doing to those worthless, parasitic,  begging bowl countries you probably have never even heard of.

And after all that painful self inflicted generosity, all your Government officials get a big fat pay rise.

AMEN

Edited by yabbadoo, 11 August 2013 - 05:03 AM.

#5 yabbadoo

yabbadoo
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 510 posts
  •  

Posted 11 August 2013 - 05:56 AM

The  deductions of a simple mind :-

With the exception of the super-generous money-grows -on-trees gullible Uncle Sam, I do not see any of the other worlds top ten richest, but piffling little countries giving a monkey`s toot about the Third Worlds  plight and Overseas Aid.

Toptenaidrecipientcountries_zps43072beb.

Toptenrichestcountries_zps07b09f07.jpg

Well, waddyaknow. Let the West bleed to death, we're alright Jack, piling up the bucks.

#6 yabbadoo

yabbadoo
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 510 posts
  •  

Posted 11 August 2013 - 06:39 AM

Having gone through the painful trauma of how the West is bleeding themselves to death with massive Overseas Aid donations, I have a theory.

In the old days of Empire and Imperialism, all the major Western countries owned most of the world. The British Empire for instance was the greatest Empire in history. All the vital minerals and commodities of industrialised life were in "occupied"  countries. The Imperialist rulers could take what they wanted at next to nothing costs.

But today, with all these former colonies now independent nations, the rules of the game have changed.

Almost all of the vital minerals and commodities needed for civilised life and production by the Western nations are in the hands of bongo-bongo nations. We are therefore faced with obtaining our vital necessities by competing on the open market.

AH ! So there we have it. These bongo-bongo nations exploit their natural resources by selling to the highest bidder. Oh no, it is not a price matter, it is the lucrative market of Overseas Aid. It is called Bribery.  The biggest briber gets the Lions share of vital minerals and commodities, essential to the production of all modern appliances and consumption by all normal social networks.  

There it is ! The Western nations are not bonkers in financial and  economic procedures, they are simply blackmailed into giving away Billions or Trillions every year to the insatiable appetites of bongo-bongo aid shark countries in order to maintain industrial and social survival.  An upmarket Global replica of Mafia protection methods used in the 1920-30`s against  small shopkeepers in reverse.                               

No Aid - No Copper or Bauxite !

Edited by yabbadoo, 11 August 2013 - 06:55 AM.

#7 Beel

Beel

• Members
  • 416 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:01 PM

Posted 11 August 2013 - 11:21 AM

Have to agree with you yabbadoo you have hit the nail on the head on this subject so to speak! To me a lot of this so called aid seems to disappear en-route or on arrival? 

#8 yabbadoo

yabbadoo
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 510 posts
  •  

Posted 11 August 2013 - 11:51 AM

@ Center

It is all so disgusting and tragic. Only today - 11 Aug.13 - we have this news :-

"It has emerged that £480,000 worth of taxpayer-funded humanitarian aid was stolen by militants linked to al-Qaeda in Somalia.

The Department for International Development (DfID) admitted supplies stored in a warehouse were captured by al-Shabaab and were then later set ablaze."

And on it goes ad infinitum. Not a single MP at Westminster will  even discuss Overseas Aid. The subject is taboo. Just grin and bear it like everything else in rip-off mismanaged Britain.

#9 Beel

Beel

• Members
  • 416 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:01 PM

Posted 11 August 2013 - 12:00 PM

Yes mate I have always been taught that charity begins at home. We have countries like mine sending millions & millions of moolah (Aussie for money) in aid overseas while we have heaps here at home who need help, but get sweet nothing. Madness. Politicians are trying to do is big note themselves and impress one and all to think how wonderful they are.

#10 synergy513

synergy513

• BC Advisor
  • 1,066 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2013 - 05:57 PM

ahh, this topic has quite a few underlying substrates

one must only look at the old Soviet Union for a few quickies. They had satellite puppets all over the World they were propping up like Vietnam and Cuba, then the day came when the propping no longer had stiffness, and buckled. Not because of the lack of wealth that these puppets were contributing, but at the toll the people were paying in the Homeland. so politically, the will of the people broke under the weight the state was exacting on the mood at home. The Russian people were exposed to the propaganda that the U.S, strategists were planting in their own puppet Satellites. I guess a prime example  would be Hungary and Germany and Poland. The Russian people saw the glitz and glamour and said to themselves and each other "i want a life , my life belongs to me, not the state" I can only guess what they are thinking present day.

Then the fascination continues with the Chinese Famine of the middle 20th century.  Can anyone remember the disaster of those so-called "Co-Op farms". Why did they fail so miserably, and why are the Mexicans still trying to figure it out for themselves, is it because they haven't learned anything from history?   They only have to look at Israel and see that co-op farming is not meant for mass production, but small scale mom-N-pop organized co-op farming can be successful.

So , The U.S. and the U.K. and the Aussies aren't just giving cash to other nations, they are creating wealth and exerting iinfluence correctly on a global scale, the way the Soviets never could.

prime example...Haiti...Poor people right?   no.. they are rich with sugar and always have been, you just don't see those boats leaving with all that raw sugar that is REAL wealth being bought by Foreign Aid and being directed to their destination by those puppet masters that gave them foreign aid.  just one example..I will give another..There is a Nation in Africa, it is Angola. Angola is so foxtrotting  rich with resources like gold, diamonds and hydrocarbons, it is coming out of their ears, so where does a slice of that foreign aid pie go, straight to the head of state there, what happens in return, that head of state unleashes those resources as the folks that delivered that aid tell them to. It gets more complicated, but that is the synopse.

Here in the U.S. people are starting to think that the Dollar is getting weakened by our government just printing money to create wealth, and in a nutshell, that is what causes inflation. Yes,,  we see it everywhere, everything is going up. and that is fine, it just makes people stop spending, which counters inflation, kind of intuitive and ingenious at the same time. The real reason the US Dollar will always carry weight is Agriculture and Arms. Those two things are understood all around the World as HARD wealth. Thusly, they trade for that, whichever way they can. That makes the US Dollar the one currency that is the most revered. That Global Influence that Foreign Aid contributes to also.

Now there are a few other wealthy countries that are waiting on the sidelines watching what they think is foolishness going out the window via foreign aid.  The most fascinating one is Brazil. Brazil has ebbed and flowed with wealth for its whole history, but somehow it always went full circle, it just cycled in and out. Never really gaining a foothold or traction...UNTIL NOW. Now they understand that there is another way to create wealth even though they are so abundant with resources they should have maintained wealth but never could, i guess they learned from the Japanese. Now their tremendous resource is PEOPLE. There are so many undergrads coming out of their colleges  now it is mind boggling. 

And now my soapbox continues with England.  The Pound is the only stability that region has. England never went for the Euro hype and look at them now. The Euro currency was like one big boat that everyone got on, and buckled under the weight, except England, and look at them now...exerting influence around the World with their Pound. Nobody knows historically about foreign influence better than England, their whole history is all about foreign influence. Kind of like how they refused to get in the boat with the Catholics, they refused to get in the boat with the Euro and look at them now. Laughing all the way to their independent banks with a boat behind them carrying North Sea Brent and Gold Futures

wow, apologies for the tangents..

Edited by synergy513, 12 August 2013 - 06:02 PM.

Moore's Law : 4d Graph in Progress

#11 myrti

myrti

Sillyberry

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 33,784 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:01 AM

Posted 13 August 2013 - 09:41 AM

I'm not sure what boat you're on, but England is not the best of choices. The English economy is dwindling and the British pound, once worth over 2 Euros, is now scraping by trying hard to remain more valuable than the Euro. The current exchange rate is at 1.16 Euro for a pound and has been pretty much steadily decreasing since the beginning of this year. link.

Edited by myrti, 13 August 2013 - 09:42 AM.

is that a bird?  a plane? nooo it's the flying blueberry!

If I have been helping you and haven't replied in 2 days, feel free to shoot me a PM! Please don't send help request via PM, unless I am already helping you. Use the forums!

animinionsmalltext.gif

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#12 synergy513

synergy513

• BC Advisor
  • 1,066 posts
  •  

Posted 13 August 2013 - 09:32 PM

Excellent, so greece and spain didn't sink the boat after France and Germany threw them life preservers. One can only rejoice  How many more examples of extra  life preservers required will it take? Hopefully none, that kind of thing can't keep happening over and over. Where were the Russians while this re-organization was taking place?  They are using the Euro also, right?

#13 myrti

myrti

Sillyberry

• 33,784 posts
  •  

Posted 14 August 2013 - 04:27 AM

I can't tell what point you're trying to make with Russia using the Euro. They're not even anywhere close to joining the European Union, much less using the Euro.

If I have been helping you and haven't replied in 2 days, feel free to shoot me a PM! Please don't send help request via PM, unless I am already helping you. Use the forums!

animinionsmalltext.gif

#14 synergy513

synergy513

• BC Advisor
  • 1,066 posts
  •  

Posted 14 August 2013 - 05:48 AM

maybe not the EU I don't know about that, but they are on the euro currency

, last time I checked..I will check again though

#15 myrti

myrti

Sillyberry

• 33,784 posts
  •  

Posted 14 August 2013 - 06:03 AM

Hi,

Russia defenitely have their own currency and are not affiliated to the Euro, the Eurozone or the European Union. They will also not become part of the European Union any time soon, as one of the requirements is that you respect human rights, which is a bit of a tense topic in Russia at the moment.

regards

myrti

animinionsmalltext.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users