Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Repeated and consistent BSODs in Windows 7 64 bit

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Registered111

Registered111

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:03 PM

Posted 24 July 2013 - 05:48 PM

Hello everyone, thank you for taking the time to visit this post and offer your consideration.

In the last several hours my main computer has been dipping into increasingly more critical instability. The computer has had a number of relatively minor and infrequent issues during start-up for the last few months, but nothing I was unable to work around or which were truly problematic.

Last night, however, it suffered a BSOD while attempting to load up a game. Several hours later, it suffered another BSOD while it was unattended. In the hours since then it has suffered 3 more BSODs on a fairly consistent schedule, regardless of whether or not it is in use or, as far as I can tell, what programs or processes are in use at the moment.

In addition, my main anti-malware software, MalwareBytes Anti-Malware Free edition, has developed a persistent error since this morning. It will cause an intractable, unescapable hang in the system at a certain point in every attempt to scan, forcing me to make a hard reset of the computer.

The latest BSOD at time of writing produced this error message upon start-up:

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:    BlueScreen
  OS Version:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
  Locale ID:    1033

Additional information about the problem:
  BCCode:    7a
  BCP1:    FFFFF6FC40007CD8
  BCP2:    FFFFFFFFC000009D
  BCP3:    00000000CFFA6860
  BCP4:    FFFFF88000F9B630
  OS Version:    6_1_7601
  Service Pack:    1_0
  Product:    768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
  C:\Windows\Minidump\072413-35505-01.dmp
  C:\Users\Ryan\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-70106-0.sysdata.xml

The .dmp file will be attached to this post in a .zip folder. The .xml file could not be found or retrieved.

My system information:
- Windows 7 Home Premium Home Edition

- ST310005 28AS SATA Disk Device (931GB)

- AMD Phenom™ II X4 840T Processor 2.90 GHz

- ATI Radeon HD 4200

That is unfortunately all the information I can glean with my limited knowledge. I can report that EVEREST Home Edition lists my Motherboard as "Unknown," but that and it's CPU type (2x, 2900 MHz) and System Memory (5888 MB) are all the program reports in regards to the Motherboard.

If there is any more information I can provide, please let me know. Thank you again for your time!

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• Members
  • 2,805 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:33 AM

Posted 24 July 2013 - 11:21 PM

Hi

:welcome: to the Bleeping Computers forum.

This is the error code you had received

Bug Check 0x7A: KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR

Technical explanation about this stop code : http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/ff559211(v=vs.85).aspx

Usual causes : Hard disk failure , loose cabling , buggy SATA controller driver and in some cases malware infection especially Rootkits.

Please follow the below steps.

:step1: Change Hard disk SATA cable. Also reset the power cable.

sata.gif 

:step2: Run full surface scan on the hard drive.

Download Seatool For DOS from the below link.

Burn the downloaded ISO to a blank CD.

Boot from the disc and run a long test with it. Report whether it detects any errors during the test. If it detects any bad sectors during the test, may offer to repair them at the end of scan. Please cancel the repairs and post a reply here instead.

seatools-2.png 

Report your findings after doing the above steps. Depending on the health condition of your hard drive, i will provide the next steps.

Edited by Anshad Edavana, 24 July 2013 - 11:23 PM.

#3 Registered111

Registered111
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:03 PM

Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:18 PM

Thank you very much for responding!

Unfortunately, I have nothing good to report from your suggestions.

I could not acquire a new SATA cable today. I did examine the current SATA cable and can at least report that it was not loose in any obvious fashion.

Nevertheless, I chose to run the SeaTool for DOS diagnostic with my current set up, intending to run the diagnostic a second time when I could acquire a new SATA cable.

The progam failed at 38%, displaying an error message in green text over a black background which I could not read clearly do to its small font size. What was legible was a request to "eject the floppy drive or CD" and "press CTRL+ALT+DELETE to reboot." Upon trying to move the mouse, the program froze up all together and the computer emitted a shrill, continous beep until it was forcibly powered down. Prior to failing, the program had reported 1 error at approximately 3% completion.

The computer started up again without issue, but this result combined with other evidence leads me to believe that the health of my current hard disk is dire. I have already backed up all vital files prior to having started this topic, fortunately.

My brother presently works for a company that works in computer repairs. Unless anyone has any other suggestions, I will likely give it to him tomorrow to take in.

Thank you again for your time!

#4 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• Members
  • 2,805 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:33 AM

Posted 25 July 2013 - 11:08 PM

Hi

If Seatool detected any errors, yes your hard drive need to be replaced. Since you have a brother who works in IT support field, it is better to let him take a look. Ask him to test all the components especially hard drive and memory modules.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users