Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PC wont stay on after running Windows Defender Offline

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 kayjay999

kayjay999

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:19 PM

Posted 24 July 2013 - 05:07 PM

I ran a Windows Defender Offline and it removed a Trojan Aleuron and two java viruses.  When I restarted my PC it started up fine but only stayed on for about 30 seconds and then does a restart.  When it restarts it asks me if I want to start in one of the Safe Modes or a regular start.  If I start in a regular start it repeats the shutdown over and over again.  If I start it in Safe Mode it will stay on.  I had to start it in Safe Mode with Network to use my internet.  What do I do to get my PC back running properly.  Thanks for any help I can get

Edited by hamluis, 25 July 2013 - 10:54 AM.
Moved from Vista to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Comptech72

Comptech72

• Members
  • 78 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:19 PM

Posted 27 July 2013 - 02:52 PM

Try to boot it into safe mode and open MSCONFIG go through the startup items and uncheck the unnessecary ones. then try to reboot the computer, and see if it will boot normally. If it boots to normal mode make sure you run a anti virus scan.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users