Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need help upgrading to graphics card with HDMI port

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 teletai

teletai

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:25 AM

Posted 24 July 2013 - 05:07 PM

Hello:
I am prestently running an Integrated Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 3100 on my Dell PC.
I have an Inspiron 530 Intel Core2 Duo processor E7500 with 3MB L2 Cache, 2.93GHz, and 1066FSB.  I also have 3GB DDR2 SDRAM at 800MHz

I would like to upgrade to a graphics card compatible with my system that has an HDMI port if possible to make it easier to hook up to my TV.  I don't run games.  I just stream sports from sites like ESPN3.

I would appreciate any advise on suitable options.

Thank you.

Edit: Moved topic from Windows XP to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:25 PM

Posted 24 July 2013 - 09:11 PM

Like this card would do http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102882 as your PSU may be a stock 400 Watt should fit the power requirements.

Tekken

#3 teletai

teletai
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:25 AM

Posted 24 July 2013 - 11:23 PM

Thanks for your prompt reply.

This card seems to be 64 bit.  My system is only 32 bit.  Will this card 

still work with my computer?

Jeff

#4 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• BC Advisor
  • 2,805 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:55 PM

Posted 24 July 2013 - 11:37 PM

Hi

If your system do have a PCI express slot, that card will work fine. 64 bit in the specification is related to the video memory bandwidth used by the card. Higher spec cards will use 128 , 256 or even 512 bit video memory bandwidth.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users