Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Google Introduces New Research Tool

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 KoanYorel

KoanYorel

Bleepin' Conundrum

• Members
  • 19,461 posts
  •  
  • Location:65 miles due East of the "Logic Free Zone", in Md, USA
  • Local time:02:24 AM

Posted 18 November 2004 - 09:12 AM

MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif. (AP) - Online search engine leader Google Inc. (GOOG) is setting out make better sense of all the scholarly work stored on the Web.The company's new service, unveiled late Wednesday at , draws upon newly developed algorithms to list the academic research that appears to be most relevant to a search request. Mountain View-based Google doesn't plan to charge for the service nor use the feature to deliver text-based ads - the primary source of its profits. http://scholar.google.com
"Google has benefited a lot from scholarly research, so this is one way we are giving back to the scholarly community," said Anurag Acharya, a Google engineer who helped develop the new search tools.
The only easy day was yesterday.

...some do, some don't; some will, some won't (WR)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:24 AM

Posted 18 November 2004 - 11:11 AM

I played around with this last night, testing it on some philosophical and literary topics, since I know a little about both and keep up on the literature as best I can. I was impressed at first glance with the selections enough to put GS in my bookmarks . "Nietzsche" turned up the correct information and the appropriate links, for example.
Regards,
John

Edited by jgweed, 18 November 2004 - 11:13 AM.

Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:24 AM

Posted 18 November 2004 - 02:00 PM

Your link doesnt work??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users