Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My Laptop Keyboard is Pressing Random Keys

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Deathgod1234

Deathgod1234

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:41 PM

Posted 23 July 2013 - 05:01 PM

Version: 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601

System Manufacturer: Dell

System Model: Inspiron M5040

System Type: x64-based PC

My laptop's keyboard was working fine not long ago. Now whenever I type on the keyboard it will randomly put some other random keys from time to time. It did not use to do this and it makes it nearly impossible to type anything. The touch pad also seems to be acting abnormal. It will click places without me even touching it. Please help

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,196 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:41 PM

Posted 24 July 2013 - 07:14 PM

Hi,

What do-it-yourself fixes have you tried so far? Are all of your drivers current? Have you cleaned the keyboard lately? What security product do you have installed and current?

Thanks

Stay well and surf safe [stay protected]

Dick E

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users