Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Projecting DVD

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Magnatude

Magnatude

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:54 AM

Posted 23 July 2013 - 04:28 PM

Hi!

First let me get the tech stuff out of the way, I am using a windows 7 pro Dell XPS computer. I am projecting to three HD 50 Inch screens using an HDMI Splitter (up to 8 cat 5 lines going out, to the extender boxes for the HDMI Cables). My question is, is there a program or a way that I can play a DVD via the DVD tray and project that to the screen.

I do have a BluRay Player and I can hook that up via the splitter. But I am just looking for an easier way of doing it and basically doing it all through the computer. Less mess.

Thank you for your time. I greatly appreciate it.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Zestypanda

Zestypanda

• Members
  • 603 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:54 AM

Posted 23 July 2013 - 05:49 PM

Hook the pc up to he projectors via HDMI then go to start menu and type "connect to projector" and I believe there is an option to mirror to all projectors,

Have a question, or just wanna chat? Send me a message. Or add me as a friend.

#3 Zestypanda

Zestypanda

• Members
  • 603 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2013 - 03:14 AM

Hello sir, has my suggestion solved your problem?

Have a question, or just wanna chat? Send me a message. Or add me as a friend.

#4 Magnatude

Magnatude
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2013 - 11:49 AM

It's Ma'am :) I have not been to the church to test it out yet. I am going on Wednesday (My day to work at the church) and will be testing it then.

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,391 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:54 AM

Posted 28 July 2013 - 01:15 PM

Hook the pc up to he projectors via HDMI then go to start menu and type "connect to projector" and I believe there is an option to mirror to all projectors,

The is no such command in Windows 7, there is Connect to an external display.  

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#6 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,391 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:54 AM

Posted 28 July 2013 - 01:35 PM

Magnatude,

You should be able to go straight from the HDMI port on the laptop to the splitter, connect the monitors.  

Turn on the monitors and make sure the monitors are using the proper HDMI source input.

Turn on the computer and it should work.  Most of the time this is all it will take, but if there is no signal you can use the Display setting in the Control Panel.  

To do this click on the Start orb, then click on Control Panel.  When the Control Panel opens click on the down arrow in the upper left corner and select All Control Panel Itmes.

Once this is open click on Display, in the left pane click on Adjust Resolution.

display1_zps4b492cb0.png

Once this is open click on Detect.

display2_zpse0c96f9e.png

Once the monitor is recognized click on Apply, then OK.

Edited by dc3, 28 July 2013 - 01:44 PM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#7 Magnatude

Magnatude
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2014 - 03:22 AM

So sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you. We have had other issues at hand since this time.

However, what you suggested does work. However, it makes it so that I can not use the computer at all while the movie is playing. Because all it shows is my desktop. Which is what appears on the TV's when I am not actually projecting.

I would love for there to be a way to project a dvd, like you can project PowerPoint and other programs do this as well. You see the presentation, not the whole windows player etc.

We have resolved to just use the BluRay player for now. But having issues with a screen while using it. It's always something I'm afraid.

#8 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,335 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2014 - 09:30 AM

You don't want mirror, you want extend.  As far as I know PowerPoint will only do a slide show on the main screen. So, if there is a local screen, set the projectors as the main display.  This will show the Start button and everything else over on that side, but you can use the local screen to do whatever background stuff you want.  You can customize the machine to Hide Desktop icon and the Task bar to make it look cleaner if you want.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users