Living in the UK, we have no poisonous snakes, spiders or weird body invading parasites and no wild animals likely to take a chunk out of us.
We do have adders, but they are rare and never fatal. The only animal with notoriety for biting is the common dog. So we are lucky.
Being on an International Forum, I always wonder how our overseas friends handle life amongst all the nasties nature can throw at them, from microscopic bacteria and virus`s, reptiles, insects and large animals..
I just cannot understand how life is when deadly snakes and spiders are common and can get just about anywhere. The infestations by dreadful body invading parasites, which can enter the body through the flesh or by water and food, gives me the creeps.
How do you all handle these serious threats ? Children and family pets must be at great risk.