Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bites, Stings and Parasites

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 yabbadoo

yabbadoo

• Banned
  • 510 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:51 PM

Posted 23 July 2013 - 03:53 PM

Living in the UK, we have no poisonous snakes, spiders or weird body invading parasites and no wild animals likely to take a chunk out of us.

We do have adders, but they are rare and never fatal. The only animal with notoriety for biting is the common dog. So we are lucky.

Being on an International Forum, I always wonder how our overseas friends handle life amongst all the nasties nature can throw at them, from microscopic bacteria and virus`s, reptiles, insects and large animals..

I just cannot understand how life is when deadly snakes and spiders are common and can get just about anywhere. The infestations by dreadful body invading parasites, which can enter the body through the flesh or by water and  food, gives me the creeps.

How do you all handle these serious threats ? Children and family pets must be at great risk.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,905 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:51 AM

Posted 23 July 2013 - 07:25 PM

Not to make light of your question but I personally deal with it like any other potentially lethal threat. Know the precautions and heed them. i.e. Criminals can kill you, other idiots on the road, lightning, poor diet, sharks etc etc. I for one can't live my live in constant fear. I share this planet with a host of deadly events, organisms and beings. I do the very best I can to not put myself in a situation where a deadly event or encounter can occur. If I should fall victim I guess it was just my time.....

Fear is healthy. It keeps you at heightened awareness. Being paralyzed into inaction is not.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,763 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:51 AM

Posted 23 July 2013 - 09:50 PM

dont believe the media-yes we have those, but theyre not hiding behind every corner. For example, your very unlikely to run into a crocodile in the wal-mart parking lot. However, when we are in areas that are say, high in snakes, or crocodiles, we simply keep mindful of safe practices around them. Reality of it is, a rattlesnake is no more dangerous then another car on the road-and, especially if your the type that stays in town-your more likely to get run over then bitten by a snake.

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users