Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

reboot virus

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 brandymiller2013

brandymiller2013

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:49 PM

Posted 23 July 2013 - 02:59 PM

I accidentally clicked an ad on a web page (linkedin.com) and now my computer has started rebooting repeatedly.  It even does it when I start in safe mode and safe mode with networking.  Any ideas how to get it to stop doing this and remove the problem?

Thanks!

Edit: Moved topic from Windows XP to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

Edit: Moved to virus removal forum since requested logs. -etavares

Edited by etavares, 25 July 2013 - 08:28 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Gizmo770

Gizmo770

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:49 PM

Posted 23 July 2013 - 03:25 PM

This is one of my ideas for you to try, if you have another computer, download Hitman Pro on it, then on launch of the program, click on the icon of the guy kicking in mid air. If you have a USB, plug it in and follow the instructions on the Hitman Program to create a Kickstart drive, and when it is done, boot from it, and run a scan. Remove any Malware that it might have. Download Hitman Pro here: http://get.hitmanpro.com/

When the internet actually comes to a close, whenever that happens, just think, how will we live?

~(Myself) Gizmo770

#3 etavares

etavares

Bleepin' Remover

• Malware Response Team
  • 15,514 posts
  •  

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:27 PM

Hello, brandymiller2013.
My name is etavares and I will be helping you with this log.

Here are some guidelines to ensure we are able to get your machine back under your control.

• Please do not run any unsupervised scans, fixes, etc.  We can work against each other and end up in a worse place.
  • Please subscribe to this topic if you have not already done so.  Please check back just in case, as the email system can fail at times.
  • Just because your machine is running better does not mean it is completely cleaned.  Please wait for the 'all clear' from me to say when we are done.
  • Please reply within 3 days to be fair to other people asking for help.
  • When in doubt, please stop and ask first.  There's no harm in asking questions!
  •  
    Try this please.  You will need a USB drive.

• Insert your USB drive
  • Press Start > My Computer > right click your USB drive > choose Format > Quick format
  • Double click the unetbootin-xpud-windows-387.exe that you just downloaded
  • Press Run then OK
  • Select the DiskImage option then click the browse button located on the right side of the textbox field.
  • Browse to and select the xpud-0.9.2.iso file you downloaded
  • Verify the correct drive letter is selected for your USB device then click OK
  • It will install a little bootable OS on your USB device
  • Once the files have been written to the device you will be prompted to reboot ~ do not reboot and instead just Exit the UNetbootin interface
  • After it has completed do not choose to reboot the clean computer simply close the installer
  • Download http://noahdfear.net/downloads/xPUD_userinit_fix and save it to your xPud USB drive.
  • Remove the USB and insert it in the sick computer
  • Boot the Sick computer
  • Press F12 and choose to boot from the USB.  If that doesn't work, let me know.  Booting from USBs is different depending on your BIOS.
  • Follow the prompts
  • A Welcome to xPUD screen will appear
  • Click File and navigate to your USB...it's likely \mnt\sdb1, but it may be sdc1, etc.  You can tell you're there when you see xPUD_userinit_fix
  • double-click xPud_userinit_fix
  • When it's done, click Home & power off the computer.
  • Remove the xPud flash drive, put it in your working computer (already booted to Windows) and copy/paste the contents of UserinitReport.txt in your reply to me.
  •  
    etavares

If I don't respond within 2 days, please feel free to PM me.
    Please don't ask for help via PM. The forums are there for a reason. Please post in the forums so others may benefit as well.

Posted Image
    Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

#4 etavares

etavares

Bleepin' Remover

• Malware Response Team
    • 15,514 posts
    •  

Posted 28 July 2013 - 06:34 AM

Hi, still there?

Please don't ask for help via PM. The forums are there for a reason. Please post in the forums so others may benefit as well.

Posted Image

#5 etavares

etavares

Bleepin' Remover

• Malware Response Team
    • 15,514 posts
    •  

Posted 01 August 2013 - 09:53 PM

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is now closed.

In the event you still have problems, please send me or any Moderator a Private Message and ask them to reopen this topic within the next 5 days.

Please include a link to your topic in the Private Message. Thank you.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users