Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Thinkpad wireless won't turn on

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 djd1

djd1

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:54 AM

Posted 23 July 2013 - 02:00 PM

I hope someone can help me with this hair-puller. I have a ibm thinkpad x60s with windows 7 hp 32bit that was given to me by a office that moved out of a building I work in. It had  been part of a network. It has a intel wireless card that according to the device manager is working properly and has the latest driver. The wireless service is turned on and the wireless switch on the front of the tablet is on. However, when I go to the control panel and open the windows mobility center the wireless part is turned off and won't turn on, (it's grayed out.) Is there a setting in the registry or administrative tools that can make this wireless work. I also tried pushing the function button and the f5 key to turn on the wireless, nothing works. I also replaced the wireless card with another working one and nothing! Any ideas?

Dave.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SpywareDoc

SpywareDoc

• Members
  • 675 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:54 AM

Posted 23 July 2013 - 06:20 PM

Little USB Wifi devices start at $6.39 including shipping

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users