Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Topics

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 yabbadoo

yabbadoo

• Banned
  • 510 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:52 AM

Posted 23 July 2013 - 11:13 AM

On looking at the Chat and Speak Easy Forum`s, the picture is one of dying interest, the patient is on a life  support machine. Apart from 3-4 recent entries, the log is one of history. Some of the last posts are quite old.

I would think that in the complex, confused and worrying world we live in, there is an infinite variety of topics spanning A-Z of our entire living spectrum, from personal issues to Global. But what do we get ? Not much actually, it is pathetic. If this lack of enthusiasm carries on, these two Forum`s will simply fade away like old soldiers.

Come on fella`s, enter your various topics and give these two Forum`s a blood transfusion.

These kind of chat shows are pure relaxation, enable International  conversation, inspire the brain and take our minds off all that boring computer stuff and Granny Windows aches and pains..

Edited by yabbadoo, 23 July 2013 - 11:15 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:52 PM

Posted 23 July 2013 - 04:54 PM

Personally I think the one of the main problems with the Speak Easy forum is that thoughtful debate tends to get drowned out by rude and obnoxious members who are not really interested in debate at all, but who simply want to come on the forum and rant.

The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 yabbadoo

yabbadoo
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 510 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:52 AM

Posted 23 July 2013 - 05:04 PM

Personally I think the one of the main problems with the Speak Easy forum is that thoughtful debate tends to get drowned out by rude and obnoxious members who are not really interested in debate at all, but who simply want to come on the forum and rant.

You are of  course perfectly correct. It is the same with most Forum`s.

But as that tendency appears to be part of life on a Chat Forum, what else can we do ?

We either have a chat Forum or we do not. I know of a major Forum that deleted the Chat section for just that reason, more trouble than what it was worth and now only deal with computer issues.

I dunno Budapest, it is so nice to have an International  chat show, but a high proportion of subjects do develop into a personal slogging match.

My post is only trying to inspire some enthusiasm, but I guess I am peeing into the wind.

Thanks, but I gave it a swing.

Yabba

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users