Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer getting so slow

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 jigaman

jigaman

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:01 AM

Posted 23 July 2013 - 07:34 AM

Hi guys.

My computer is getting so slow. I won't say it freezes, just that it runs in slow motion when I open a folder or try to do something, . 

Firefox is now a bit of a nightmare constantly notifying me that flash has crashed and in general can freeze up. my system was slow before hard blew and I replaced it with a new installation about 4 months now, I don't play games on it, but watch a lot of videos online.

Biggest problem now is that the system is in slow motion and I have scanned with malwarebyte but still not sure what the problem is. just stuck:)  not sure if its a virus malware or system just all tangled up

Thanks for your help

Ed

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 GodfatherKing

GodfatherKing

• Members
  • 587 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:01 PM

Posted 23 July 2013 - 08:21 AM

I have seen it before when Flash is resulting to such behavior.

Reboot the computer. Start firefox by pressing W7Key + R : in the box enter 

• firefox -safe-mode

Don't start any other program, is the issue now occurring? 

If you have received help from me and I don't have respond to you for almost >= 3 days, send me a Private Message.  :hello:

#3 jigaman

jigaman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 23 July 2013 - 08:36 AM

hasn't poped up yet..  but system still slow.

example

I type something in it takes 1 second before what I type shows, and if I press submit takes another second to reac.. happens with folders  and in general you can just tell the whole system is slugish

#4 jigaman

jigaman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 23 July 2013 - 09:07 AM

hmm seems now much better in safemode... cool thanks for that

should I keep runing it in safe mode, or youve now determined something to fix:)

Thanks

#5 GodfatherKing

GodfatherKing

• Members
  • 587 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:01 PM

Posted 23 July 2013 - 10:31 AM

That's up to you, I would remove Flash, install it back, next check of the issues are resolved. If it comes back you'll need to disable Flash for that browser (in the plugins list). There is one con of using Firefox it's safemode, you won't be able to see videos, ...

If you have received help from me and I don't have respond to you for almost >= 3 days, send me a Private Message.  :hello:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users