Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Spyware Quake Removal From Systray

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 cashbagg

cashbagg

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:16 PM

Posted 19 April 2006 - 01:41 PM

Hi. I recently caught the SPYWARE QUAKE virus. Long story short, I was able to remove it by the following method: http://forums.pcworld.co.nz/showpos...458&postcount=5

My homepage is ok now, computer runs fine, and virus seems to be gone BUT I cannot get rid of the annoying "Virus Alert" icon in my systray (it blinks between a handicap symbol a no access symbol) and every few mins a get a little box popup in corner that says something like "your computer is infected blah blah blah..." VERY ANNOYING! I've looked in startup, nothing shows, i've ran msconfig, and disabled all unknown processes, still shows up on reboot. All I can do is hide the icon, but I still get the corner popup. Can anyone tell me how i can delete this annoyance???? Thx!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,475 posts
  •  

Posted 19 April 2006 - 02:39 PM

Please see the self-help tutorial How to remove SpywareQuake.

If you are still having problems afterwards you may need to post a HijackThis log and get expert assistance. Instructions for posting a log are included in the tutorial. Logs are posted in the HijackThis forum, not here.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#3 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  

Posted 19 April 2006 - 03:29 PM

Grinler recently updated the fix to take care of this problem.

See also THIS
ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users