Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Where can I keep my photos from email?Keeping it simple....

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 newbleeping

newbleeping

• Members
  • 434 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:12 PM

Posted 23 July 2013 - 07:00 AM

To the wonderful folks at BC,Can anybody instruct me in the simplest,"101 how to" as I still cant comprehend where & how to access files & folders (its only my 2nd month on a computer)-how to get photos from my email into a nice folder that would be easy ror me to access?I noticed somewhere in my control panel(maybe "my documents")there is a file folder labled "my pictures"and the only thing in there is sample photos.I have Windows XP and I just cant follow Microsoft instuctions(I have "Outlook"email....please keep in mind I'm just learning and  would appreciate any help I can get......newbleeping  

Edited by Orange Blossom, 23 July 2013 - 04:26 PM.
Moved to Windows XP. ~ OB

BC is the best!!  An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure!Greetings & Blessings from the Sunshine State                                                                .Kwik :love4u: ....aka "newbleeping"

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,399 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:12 PM

Posted 23 July 2013 - 05:18 PM

To move anything received via email...you must save it as a regular file.

You can save it to any folder on your system...even create a folder for it, if you like.  You can use the "My Pics" folder or not...it's up to you.  The key thing is to know where you have stored such saved files.

Are you using Outlook (part of Microsoft Office) or Outlook Express (part of XP/Internet Explorer) for email?

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 23 July 2013 - 05:21 PM.

#3 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,294 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:12 PM

Posted 23 July 2013 - 05:56 PM

Luis is, as almost always, absolutely correct but as you say you are looking for the simplest '101' you might have a problem with folders !

Can I suggest either of a couple of books to you - either 'An Idiots' guide to XP' or 'XP for Dummies'. These are part of two very well known collections of guides covering a wide range of computing and other subjects. They are in general very well and clearly written, they are specific about the assumptions they make about your existing knowledge level, and they contain a welcome note of humour !  They do throw in the odd bit of technicalese - but this is presented as an optional extra.

XP is now a fairly old operating system, to get your hands on these books I suggest you try your local library, E-bay or Amazon. I think you will find them very good value, and best wishes for a long life using computers !

Chris Cosgrove

#4 newbleeping

newbleeping
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 434 posts
  •  

Posted 23 July 2013 - 06:43 PM

Dear Louis,I am using Microsoft Outlook(the old @hotmail.com)and really would love to get all my photos into that"my pictures" folder and you said a mouthful"YOU MUST KNOW WHERE YOU HAVE STORED FILES"....on that note I think I will take Chris' advise and get to the library!!!!!        Thanks so much,newbleeping

BC is the best!!  An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure!Greetings & Blessings from the Sunshine State                                                                .Kwik :love4u: ....aka "newbleeping"

#5 newbleeping

newbleeping
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 434 posts
  •  

Posted 23 July 2013 - 06:54 PM

Dear Chris,I am going to get to the library and look for both the books you have suggested as I would only be attempting to put the cart before the horse without any knowledge on "folders"(or anything else for that matter-lol)....I came to BC highly recommended by Microsoft because of malware & getting hijacked and Quietman guided me through every issue, now its time to learn the basics so I can begin enjoying the computer!.........My very best wishes  to you also(thanks so much)newbleeping

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users