Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problems

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Ksully4

Ksully4

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:44 PM

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:47 PM

Split from http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/344914/error-code-650f-0244/#entry3110907  - Hamluis.

Hi. I hope someone can help me before I go crazy..... Ok so I got this code.. Tried to boot it through a mini windows xp program on a hirers boot cd.... Did not work.. I got the background of the desk top but after waiting a while nothing else came up... So then I put the xp recovery disc in and these are the steps I took... (And I will try to put up screen shots if anyone needs them because so far every forum I've tried has an option to choose that my desktop does not)

Let my desktop load as far as it will go I get a black screen saying
Diskette drive 0 seek failure
Alert! OS Install Mode Enabled. Amount of available memory limited to 256MB.
Strike F1 key to continue, F2 to run the setup utility
..... I press F1
Press any key to boot from cd...
..... I press enter
The computer goes through the normal recovery steps until I get to the blue welcome to setup screen, I press R to repair using recovery console, it takes me to the black screen king which windows installation would I like to log onto? But before the question it has 1: F:\minint where it should say 1: C:\WINDOWS

If that means that access is denied then I really don't know what else to do... The only thing that is from another computer is the hard drive which btw is the only thing that fails during diagnostics with that code.
Everything else was put together from micro-center built for gaming and leads me to my next question which my be stupid... I do not have any of the original boxes for anything, memory, motherboard, graphics and video cards, so if I got a new hard drive would I be able to just install the hard drive without worrying that it wouldn't be able to find the components?

I probably did a bad job with this..

Mod Edit:  Removed email address, protection from spambots.  Forum business is conducted in the open, within the forum structure.  Suggestions by private means may result in bad, well-intended suggestions...the eyes and minds of the forum membership serve to safeguard the interests of any member seeking a resolution of any system situation - Hamluis.

I NEED HELP. Thank you.

Edited by hamluis, 23 July 2013 - 06:40 AM.
Removed email addy, PM sent new OP - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,415 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:44 PM

Posted 23 July 2013 - 06:42 AM

You cannot take a hard drive from a different system...and boot an existing Windows install on that drive...from the different system...unless the components of the two systems are exactly identical.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users