Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Changed apple id now can not restore iPhone from iCloud

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 Visionb

Visionb

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:30 PM

Posted 23 July 2013 - 12:09 AM

Several months ago I changed my apple id. I have been using my iPhone since then & backed it up several times until a few weeks ago my iPhone was dropped & broken. I replaced my iPhone & when trying to restore it from an iCloud backup the old apple id is still listed under settings>iCloud it is greyed out where I can not change it to the new id. Therefore the restore can not be completed. This is the only place the old id is listed, iTunes App Store all have the new one. The phone acts as if it is still trying to restore but often prompts for my password to complete I enter my password but it says the id or password s incorrect (because the old id is listed). I can not "delete the account" to change it to the new one because the restore is in progress. I have tried wiping the iphone clean & starting from scratch with the restore. I have been to the apple store, called 1-800-MyApple, even spoken to "senior advisors" none of which have been able to solve the problem & allow the restore to complete. Please help! My photos are stuck in the "cloud"!!!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mcintyrers

mcintyrers

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 30 July 2013 - 02:20 PM

http://www.apple.com/support/appleid/

#3 Lottie5490

Lottie5490

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:30 PM

Posted 30 July 2013 - 04:04 PM

Hey there!

I have spent the past two days trying to resolve this same issue with tears in my eyes and finally figured it out so I am very excited to make this my first ever post to this site!

It's so simple, you'll feel as silly, yet relieved, as I did to see my photos restoring on my phone...

If you still have access to the previous email account you used for your prior Apple ID, go to apple.com to manage your Apple ID. Change your ID back to the previously used ID (Don't forget to make sure that you are not using this ID as your Alternate/Rescue Email, if so, simply delete it as such for the time being...you can always change it back later.) Once you've done this and you have verified the previous email as your Apple ID, go to Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings like you did before...Once you do this and it begins the process whenever it prompts you for your Apple ID and Password type in your "new" ID and your password and the restore should begin as usual...you'll know if good things are happening if it no longer prompts you repeatedly as it did before...Also, check your photos and you should see that it's loading, maybe even see a few photos returning to your Camera Roll.

I REALLY hope this helps! I apologize for the lengthy directions, I am very excited and relieved to have my photos back and this is my first post/reply to anything on a site like this...not sure of what I'm doing yet. :woot: If this does not make sense/you have further questions/this works for you, please let me know and I'll help any way I can.

Have a great day!

#4 Visionb

Visionb
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2013 - 11:23 PM

Thanks, I appreciate the help. Unfortunately I tried that and am unable to change my ID back to the previous email because it contains "special characters" and apple has apparently changed the rules regarding what can be used as an apple ID since then! I am still working with apple support to resolve the issue but it has been over 2 weeks & I am not feeling hopeful. :-/

#5 Felipe2237

Felipe2237

• Members
  • 353 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:30 PM

Posted 06 May 2014 - 05:12 PM

So if I have this correct you are trying to back up the phone using the Settings app? Also, the latest backups are on iCloud?

If so, can you restore the phone using the iTunes app on your desktop?

Unofficial iOS Genius

#6 Anglear

Anglear

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:30 AM

Posted 08 July 2015 - 10:11 PM

If you is not able to restore iPhone from iCloud,maybe you can try to reset your iPhone again? Go to iCloud.com then sign in your account with you Apple ID and password? Or you should go to Apple support community and get more useful answer from it.

To retrieve photos from iCloud, you only need to sign in your iCloud account with Apple ID and password on FonePaw iPhone Data Recovery. Then you can preview and restore photos and other data from iCloud.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users