Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Black Ops 2 not connecting to online matches. Server problem or Modem issue?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 vaseyj

vaseyj

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:49 PM

Posted 22 July 2013 - 11:31 PM

Specs:

PS3 slim

Black Ops2

AT&T U Verse internet

Ethernet Connection

Okay, so I've been trying to come up with a solution to my problem connecting to multiplayer in BlackOps2.  Whenever I try, it will say "analyzing 0 of 40 matches." I'm using a new AT&T u verse modem/router.  I know that AT&T u verse doesn't support the use of UPnP. but there has to be a way around this! I've tried User Defining applications and port forwarding the "correct ports" to my Ps3's static IP address, but nothing seems to work. Everything else works fine on my PS3 including netflix, other online games, and internet.  

after entering ports, I was able to connect with other players in the matchmaking screen, but they always end up leaving me; I can never connect to a match. 

Should I give up and Call AT&T for a new piece of equipment and have to wait another month for it to arrive? or is there something that I can manually do to fix this?

I am out of ideas. Please HELP!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Zestypanda

Zestypanda

• Members
  • 603 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:49 PM

Posted 23 July 2013 - 12:33 AM

It's probably blocking the port, I know for my file sharing app it requires port 80 and recently AT&T *censored*verse blocked that port.

Have a question, or just wanna chat? Send me a message. Or add me as a friend.

#3 vaseyj

vaseyj
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:49 PM

Posted 23 July 2013 - 12:45 AM

Nice.. "AT&T *censored* verse" 

I wish they would've told me this before I signed up. I told them I'd be using it for gaming, and browsing, multi-device. I even mentioned Black Ops.. They said it would all work swimmingly. bunch of bull if you ask me. 

#4 Zestypanda

Zestypanda

• Members
  • 603 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:49 PM

Posted 23 July 2013 - 01:17 AM

Well, see, chap, the guys hey put at the phone are paid to say "yes" and "sure thing" they know jack crap about the actual system, it's the evil tech nerds at central who are always messing with stuff and blocking and unblocking stuff at willy nilly.

Have a question, or just wanna chat? Send me a message. Or add me as a friend.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users